Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Stolen Blackberry - trying to find info using PIN

Recently at my job we had a new 8310 sitting on a desk and when we opened it the next day there was an old crakced one in the box. We searched both of our BES databases and could not find any info on either device. We have the box for the new one so we have the IMEI and the PIN. We have successfully sent a PIN message to the device and received a D for delivered. Unfortunately, we haven't received a response.

Do you know if our carrier AT+T has the ability to find a PIN or an IMEI # on their network and translate it to a phone #? This would help us greatly to at least identify the # and see if it is an employee of ours.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

ErikTee

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Stolen Blackberry - trying to find info using PIN

Yes, I believe if you give them the PIN or IMEI they can look it up and see which account it's registered to. Good luck.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Just call your carrier they locate which SIM card is being used in that particular device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Send a PIN message offering a huge reward, if they respond  then have the thief busted,

It just might work, heck it's worth a shot!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Ask your IT department to make a Blackberry application that gets the current GPS location and sends it to your email.

After that ask BES admin to push this application to this device.

After that call to wireless operator and to police to get the thief caught.

My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: AT&T

i got mine either lost or stolen yesterday and I have no way to track it...what am I supposed to do?

I have the imei number that's all

I need help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

csdu wrote:

i got mine either lost or stolen yesterday and I have no way to track it...what am I supposed to do?

I have the imei number that's all

I need help

Hi and welcome to the Forums!

If your BB was corporate owned (e.g., BES), then report it to your IT folks (or whoever handles the BBs in your firm).

If your BB was personally owned, contact your carrier to report it.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: vodafone/ curve 2
My Carrier: mtn

need to find out where my blackberry is

My Device: vodafone/ curve 2
My Carrier: mtn

i did that and there was no help
New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Etisalat

My House was robbed and next to Phone's, Money, ID Cards , Cameras etc. has been stolen in the Philippines.

I had a BB 9860 and look for some help, how a Phone can be traced. I have my PIN No. 

The authorities and Police here are without any help!

Any Suggestions PLEASE- as this was a Big robbery in my house. Also I-phone been stolen ...and I cloud is such a useless application- as you can only 'block' the phone- but not find it!

IDEA'S please!

Thank you