Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Stolen Blackberry

If someone steals your blackberry, how can you report the serial # so that no one can use it at all?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Stolen Blackberry

You can contact your carrier and report the device stolen, so that you won't be responsible for any charges. They can suspend your phone number. If you BlackBerry gets its mail from a BlackBerry Enterprise Server one of those administrators can issue a command to disable the BlackBerry.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you very much for your advice. I reported it to T-Mobile but they said they didn't know what else to do except to cancel the sim card. It didn't make any sense because I saw something on TV that said that the company that made the cell phone can cancel the serial number. This is why I was asking, I was hoping to be able to cancel out the one that was stolen from me.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

If your carrier can report stolen IMEI so that it cannot be used in any other network. Just provide the IMEI of your device. If you're BES your administrator can remotely wipe all the device data and also enforce forced lock. If you're on BIS service then you carrier can block suspend your BIS account from admin site otherwise mails could still flow to your device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit