Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Stop receiving email

How do I stop receiving email?  I set up the email accounts, but I am being woke up at night with email alerts and want to stop receiving email on my BOLD ... how do I stop it?

Also, can I set up a seperate ring tone for specific people?  

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Stop receiving email

You can set the profile to phone only, you can edit your current profile so that certain people get email messages but going to profiles/advanced and edit your profile.  but if i were you  I would just use the phone only one when your sleeping, personally I set it to phone only all the time, and just try to make a habit of checking it alot

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Right, the best thing would be just to change to another profile.

However if you want to stop the emails you should be able to go into Manage Connections | Mobile Network Options and turn the Data Services to Off. Doing that will disable all data though, not just email, but you'll still be able to make phone calls and send/receive text messages.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Or if you don't want phone to wake you as well just create auto turn on and off and set the time.