Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Stopping a blackberry from executing "Days To Keep Messages"

Hi All,

Is is possible to bypass the "Days To Keep Messages" seting on blackberry devices?  We have a number of devices that we're collecting from that have been sitting around for more than the standard 30 days and I'm concerned that when we turn them on to start collecting, it will automatically start purging emails.

I've looked at "Safe Mode" but that doesn't stop non-3rd Party applications like messaging.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: Stopping a blackberry from executing "Days To Keep Messages"

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Esperoni,

Thank you for the document. Unfortunately this won't help us unless we turn on the bb device and change settings on the device. What I was hoping for was a boot keystroke sequence that would start up without having the device automatically start deleting emails / messages past the value in "Days To Keep". This would allow us to collect what is actually on the device at the time of collection.

Hopefully there's so way to accomplish this. Btw, we're using Paraben's collection software.

Dave
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

My apologies Dave.

I misunderstood the request. While I do not know of a way, perhaps one of the more experienced volunteers could help you out. I will keep an eye out though.

Cheers,
Ed