Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780/9800
My Carrier: Orange

Stored Username/Password, where do they go?

Hi All,

hopefully this is a dumb question but i have called our "enterprise support" at Orange and they havent got a clue what they are talking about. Basically i am trying to sort out users access to inhouse web apps. When the user navigates to the site they are prompted for AD authentication (which is good) they have an option to "remember username", this works fine they enter their username & password and in they go, lovely. However I go back to the site and it allows me straight through, obviously the credentials are being stored, the question is where!? the orange support guys said cookies, now if domain credentials were being stored in cookies (plain text i assume) i would be very scared, i think RIM are more secure than that. Anyway i cleared my browser data and it still lets me straight through so i know its not in cookies. I have looked everywhere my limited knowledge will allow me and i still cannot find anywhere they could be, googled it and drew alot of blanks, i even tried in password keeper and TLS but still nothing. Does anybody have any ideas or know of any articles that may help??

i asked orange to escalte to RIM themselves as they werent much help and they said they would charge so i told them to naff off. They also told me they couldnt help as they dont support 3rd party apps, i said that the blackberry browser is not 3rd party but i dont think they understood. However im sure you good people of this fine forum will know the answer!!

Thanks in advance

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Stored Username/Password, where do they go?

Orange is contracted by RIM to supply support. If they cannot resolve your issue, you can ask to have it escalated to RIM. It's in their contract. In your case, don't ask to have it escalated.....insist that it be escalated. If the rep refuses, ask to speak to a manager. Work your way up the line until your question has been answered or you've been connected to RIM.

I hope that helps you. Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780/9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Stored Username/Password, where do they go?

Good point. I wasnt aware that was the case, i assumed it was best endeavors. I will just have to be more assertive.

I will leave this thread open just incase someone does have the answer, but thumbs up for the info Bill