Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Storm 2 9550 rebooting itself?

Hello!  I have a Storm 2 9550 that within the last few days began to re-boot itself at various times.  I go to use my phone and notice the red light is "on" and it is rebooting itself despite having a full battery.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

My Device: Storm2

Re: Storm 2 9550 rebooting itself?

This isn't going to help, but my Storm 2 has started doing this, also.  It only started after the latest update (.1015 I think?).  I am going to call Verizon about it, and more than likely try to get a new phone.  This is my 4th BB and it will be my last.  Not enough support/updates and it's behind the times.  Droid here I come...

New Contributor

I, too, wondered if the update was responsible for this problem since it never did it before I updated to v5.0.0.1015.  Everything else with the phone works fine with no problems, it just gets tiresome to see it reboot itself numerous times throughout the day!  Another thought I had was could it be a battery problem?

My Device: 9550

I've had the same problem, and it only began following the recent update.

Everything will be fine. Fully-charged battery and all. Then I'll look down and see either the red light, the hour-glass, or the Blackberry loading screen. I notice it between three and five times per day. It may be happening more often.

I've considered getting it replaced since I've been a loyal Blackberry user since the 5703e, but I'm eligible for an upgrade within the month, so I'm just going to hang on to it for a while longer, then ditch it for an Android-capable phone.

RIM just hasn't committed enough resources to certain phones, and shoddy "updates" like this last one seem to be an indicator of future woes.

Mine also has started to reboot several times/day.  I didn't notice this until post-OS update to same as everyone in this thread is mentioning.  Has RIM offered any solution(s) to this?  Or is it Droid time already?

Mine is doing the same thing and it didn't happen until the last update.  My girlfriend has a storm 2 and i did her update the same time but she doesn't seem to have this problem.  I hope they come up with an answer soon because this is annoying.