Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Storm 2 9550

tony8343 wrote:

I backed up 5 months ago.  should have most information, but I can not access it since my blackberry will not connect to my computer. 

Your BB won't do anything until it can boot up in one mode or another. There are tricks to get it to connect to your computer and reload your OS onto it, but those I leave in reserve until we know the outcome of Safe Mode.

tony8343 wrote:

I had a suggestion of getting a refurbished one then I would be able to see my contacts and picture ect. is this correct? 

If you restore from your backup to a new BB, you will see whatever was contained when you performed that backup. But I've no idea if all that you desire was included in that backup or not. Backups should be a regularly conducted activity...see the link in my auto-sig for a good backup process to be following.

tony8343 wrote:

Another question is safe mode will the screen appear different? 

As the KB instructs, you should first receive a completely clear indication of being in Safe Mode. If that screen does not appear, then you are not in Save Mode. Anything beyond that is irrelevant.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9550 storm 2
My Carrier: verion

Re: Storm 2 9550

The phone was eventually fixed by Balckberry.  They eventurally escalated this to a high level.  Then the software was reinstalled on my computer (three tries) then the software was reinstalled on the phone and after this we used a previous backup to get most of the information back.  Thank you for your help....