Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Etisalat

Storm 2 Touch Screen Problems

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I may go insane. I have been using a 9550 storm 2 for three weeks now and the touch screen does its own thing most of the time. It decides it is not going to do the usual 'light click' thing so if you press a little harder and it does click it just goes back. I can not hang up on a call either. It just askes if you want to continue the call and return to the home screen. I assume it thinks I am pressing the back button. Please please please help me! I love this phone and want it to work properly more then I want to eat cake!

Cheers!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Storm 2 Touch Screen Problems

Did you try device reset?

Remove the battery from the BlackBerry when the device is turned on and then replace the battery. Now observe the behavior of your device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: STORM2
My Carrier: Vodafone

Smiley Happy

We are in the same boat my friend.I am experiencing the same problem with my Strom2.I have tried everything, from taking the battery out to deleting some unnecessary applications.It is a fantastic phone, if only I can get it to work consistently.I wonder if the teams at BlackBerry go through the material that gets posted on the board and use it productively.

If anyone can find a solution I would be most grateful.

Contributor
My Device: STORM2
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yes , I have tried device reset. To no avail.It hasn't solved the problem.

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Storm2 (9520) - Blackberry Bold (9000) - Blackberry Curve (8520)
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

I have the same issue with the back button sticking onto the screen.

I already had it before, but I returned the phone and got a replacement, which worked great for a month and a half, so I think I am going to do that again...

Remember, respect is everything!
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Etisalat

This boat is &*%$ and I want to get off!

I have wiped the phone and not loaded any music, pics, etc onto it and the problem seems to occur less. Not ideal but my stress leves are dropping slowly.

My Device: storm 2 9520
My Carrier: SFR

Hello, new french user on the forum. I have the same trouble and it's very boring. I didn't found any solution. I would to send my strom to the repair shop but I think it is not a good solution because lot of peaople get the same trouble.

Hope RIM will find the solution !

New Contributor
My Device: BB storm 2 9550
My Carrier: VZW

Sorry about your phone.I had the same prob with my first one.I figured I would though with my luck lol.Any way I did the same things to try to get mine to stop actin up.But it also didnt work.I even did security swipe to factory default and it was doin the same thing.So I called for a replacement.If I was you I wouldnt suffer with it for long.Try the reset and if that still doesnt work get a replacement.My replacement is working great I havent run into that issue at all.Now there is still something wrong with it though.Its hard to explain.It is just loose when I go to press down.And all my friends have this phone so I know its not norm for it to react that way.Oh and the phone just started reseting all the time and I figured out that it has something to do with the cache cause it will reset it to zero when it turns back on.I actually did a reset  on it today and im not going to load any apps back on for like another 3 days to test it.Im hopin it will cause I really dont feel  like having to go thru getting another one again but If I have to I will.The screen is still loose though but I can deal with that its not too much of a defect.Good luck wit yours.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 - 9520
My Carrier: AirTel

Hi All,

I am having the same issue !

I am just hoping RIM hears this cry!

I even find it soooo difficult to unlock the device - when this issue ( 'light click' thing so if you press a little harder and it does click it just goes back) creeps in - at least 10 times a day.

Regards,

narendra

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry
My Carrier: patrick

when getting my battery from the blackberry and I put it again it's still not working how to do it to click my touch screen?