Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: AT&T

Storm 2 with AT&T No EDGE unless using Wi-Fi

I have a unlock Storm 2 on the AT&T network, but I just notices that my Blackberry is using edge instead of EDGE if the Wi-Fi is turn off. There is no way to connect using EDGE without Wi-Fi, so that means that if I'm working on the street the Gmail, Blackberry Messenger and Blackberry mail won't work. Is there any solution to this problem?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Storm 2 with AT&T No EDGE unless using Wi-Fi

You'll need to read and follow precisely the instructions in this thread linked below.

How to use your unlocked Storm on AT&T or Tmobile

It's not simple, but will work.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply, however the problem following these instructions is that there is no way that the BBDM give me or show me the options to remove that file. I tried Crackutil version 1.0 but this program give me an error : ' "Wed" is not a valid floating point value.', unless you have another way to remove this file. I hope so.

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

RMendieta60 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, however the problem following these instructions is that there is no way that the BBDM give me or show me the options to remove that file.

Why do you say there "is no way"? I've done it a hundred times, if not double that, using those precise instrucitons. I wrote that post.

It would be easier for you to post the exact step that is not working for you, and what you don't see.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks and I'm sorry, but the step to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod file from the phone is the one that I can't find how to do it. I'm using DM 4.7, and the part that you said: DM > Add / Remove applications and work your way through the process to remove xxxx.cod. This is the part that I can't do. When I had a Storm 9530 about 1 1/2 o 2 years ago, I use CrackUtil to remove the file, but this application is not working and show an error message that I send you before.

What do I need to do and how to remove the file from the phone? The rest of the instructions are easy because I did it before.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for your help. I finally was able to remove the file using the command line of the javaloader.exe that was installed wiht CrackUtil.

Now the phone is rebooting after the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon was remove, and I will follow the rest of the instructions.

Thanks.

Contributor

One more time I'm back. I finally did all the steps on the instructions, but my phone still does not connect EDGE to AT&T, only edge. If I disable the Wi-Fi on the phone, EDGE is gone, and that is the same problem I have when I'm doing my job. What else could be the cause of this problem?

Thanks.

Contributor

Definitely, my phone does not connect using EDGE if the Wi-Fi option is on, and even with this options off, it will disconnect. When I disable of Connections and after a minutes I turn on all the connections, the phone connect EDGE for a few seconds that I even was able to see it connect viewing the Connection Status, but it will disconnect after about 10 to 15 seconds. This looks to me like the OS. I hope to receive an answer and a fix to this problem because it looks like the support to the questions and problems is only for the first day, after that there is no answer.

Contributor

Hey JSanders is this the best you can do?

You think you are smart, but you reaction say the contrary. You are unable to fix the problem with my phone and other people with the same problem. If you are really smart you would answer me, and also admit that the problem is in OS of the phone, so fixe it now. 

My Device: Not Specified

yes ... are you recieving emails at all???? without wifi??? do you have the correct service book??? does your phone tell you that its a wi fi app only???