Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: sTorm 9500 v4.7.0.100
Accepted Solution

Storm 9500 & YouTube

I've noticed that if you stream videos from YouTube the Storm uses WAP. But I've read somewhere that if you've got the YouTube app installed & use it to stream the videos you actually do not use WAP/GPRS; is this true? Just wanted to verify this info before starting to stream videos as I don't want to be slugged with hefty fees when I get my bill at the end of the month. Thank you very much!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Re: Storm 9500 & YouTube

Hi kaynam69. As long you are on unlimited data plan you are fine. Enjoy your youtube.
Contributor
My Device: sTorm 9500 v4.7.0.100

Yup I'm on an unlimited data plan. But my service provider (vodafone australia) have said that I'll only have that "unlimited internet access" if the BB web browser is used. I know it's stupid (most likely same goes for my question) but I just want to make sure if WAP/GPRS is used if you stream videos from YouTube without installing & using a YouTube app.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

You are fine. I am using it all the time. By the way you can use any browser. Which every work for you the best.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi Kaynam69!

If your stream YouTube via http://m.youtube.com then you'll be using internet through your web browser. AS you've mentioned that you're on unlimited plan I guess it won't be an issue. The reason vodafone is putting that type of bar is stop using you're phone as IP modem.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit