Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Storm 9500- user tool CD does not install on my macbook

Storm virgin please assist. I cannot install the BB CD user tools on my macbook. Sometimes a little icon appears on my desktop but when i click on it a bank screen comes up. No idea what to do. Please 
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Storm 9500- user tool CD does not install on my macbook

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The MAC experts here (which does not include me) will chime in with better information. But, if I had to guess, I'd say that the distributed CD might not be for MAC. But, you can obtain PocketMac v4.1 here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

I've no idea what that does in comparison to the PC-based user tools, but perhaps it'll be a start for you.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Try to download necessary software for your Mac here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Take care when installing any software "included with" the BB. I am also a Storm owner; however, previously owned a Curve and when installing software on my Mac, it automatically installed the Desktop Manager, which is a replacement/substitute for Apple Mail/Contacts/iCal. I also learned I could not upgrade the BB OS without a Windows OS, which I believe is a negative reflection of RIM if they are sincerely attempting to compete with the iPhone and Mac customers.

If you already use the Apple software for these functions (like most of us), I recommend PocketMac if you prefer the complimentary software route, and I hear many kudos for "The Missing Synch" at $40 for the personal version. The only bug I am have personally experienced with PocketMac is the failure to push my Safari bookmarks to the BB. However, this is a known issue and may already be corrected as I have not checked in several months.

Whichever route you take, I wish you the best.