Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm 9530 going crazy, opening random apps.

Hello everyone,

I've had my Blackberry Storm 9530 for about 2 months now.

A couple of days ago I went to the Verizon store and got my phone updated to 5.0. Ever since my phone was updated, every day when I wake up I look at my phone and it is opening up random applications. I try to close the applications and it will just keep opening up new ones (i.e. SMS text, camera, Help, etc). Then it will stick with one app and will not let me leave because it will just keep opening it up again. A couple of times I've seen a pop-up say "Chat with local singles."

Now, I have no idea what is going on and I need help. I cannot use the phone when this happens and I have to pull the battery out everytime. I am scared I have a virus but I know there are no known viruses for the BB. If anyone can please help me that would be greatly appreciated.

- J

New Contributor

Re: Storm 9530 going crazy, opening random apps.

[ Edited ]

It is more than likely a third party app gone amuck.  Back track and start deleting the last app you installed and so forth until you find the culprit. I had the same problem, some of the apps need to be updated for 5.0.  

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.

As far as third party apps go, the only third party apps installed on the phone are QuickPull Lite and Visual Voice Mail, both of which were on the phone when it was given to me.

Is it possible it coule be any of these?

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530, OS 5.0.0.328, VZW

Remove Quickpull, the current version doesnt work with OS 5.0 (Im not saying that will fix your issue, but its now a useless app until they get a new version of quickpull out)