Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Storm 9550 5.0.0.607 Bugs...

thanks alot blackberry... i had my storm2 for 2 months and absolutely LOVED this thing until this BS software update...I got an error code 365 the first day after downloading the update...luckily this piece of s*** was under warranty. So im on my second storm 2 and did the upgrade and my bing app will not display a keyboard so its pretty much useless...I bet the Droid doesnt screw up like this!! so far.... this update is junk!!!! thanks for nothin but a screw up!!!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9550

I am getting the  same "sounds" from incoming Email and SMS to my phone.  For example, the email is set on "cricket" but instead gives the "sanguine" sound.  SMS is set to "lightspeed" and gives "sanguine" sound.  I have reset every profile, done battery pulls, and even deleted all my email accounts and reloaded them.  NOTHING seems to help.  I have reinstalled the OS from Verizon and tried to restart.  Still, same "sound" coming from both email and SMS. 

This problem began with the recent update and is very frustrating.

Verizon

Storm 2 9550

OS 5.0.0.607

This is my second BlackBerry (the first flat out QUIT on me a month ago).  Verizon was good enough to replace it free, but it seems as if the old line "if it's not one thing it's another" is ringing true here.

Maybe should have bought a Droid.  Smiley Mad

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

tenngoat wrote:

Maybe should have bought a Droid.  Smiley Mad

Great way to ask for help. If I come into your house and tell you I think your wife is ugly, you'd be ok with that?   Let's get real, silly threats don't really help you issue do they?

As a test, have you tried deleting the problematic ringtone ("cricket") or whichever one rings?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9550

Boy, someone is sensitive.  The crack about the Droid was a joke Bro.  If I had really wanted a Droid I would have bought one months ago.  Relax.  Comparing a phone to a spouse is, well, interesting.

If I delete the ringtone, is it possible to load it back?  Will it load back on if I update the OS via computer?  Not sure I want to eliminate the ringtone/sound effect permanently.  Interesting solution though.  I hadn't thought about that.

Again, sorry for the crack.  It was totally a joke.

Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550

Here's another one to add to the list of 607 bugs:

There has been a bug in the 517 OS release for Sasktel, as well as the recently released version of OS 607 on Verizon that is very annoying. With Full QWERTY keyboard in portrait setting, and the auto correct setting in Options -> Language and Text Input -> Input Style, Word Completion auto-enables itself whenever a phone call is made. If you go in and disable it, it will remain so until another phone call is made.

In Summary:

Bug: Word completion enables itself (while turning auto correct off) whenever the phone application is used. 

To replicate: Use full QWERTY keyboard in portrait, set input style to 'auto correct' Go into the phone application, back out of it. Start typing and it will be set to word completion. 

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem. I downloaded the 607 from official cite. Please help

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry, just read my previous reply and did not state what the problem is.... My problem is that the keyboard is not present in group chat. I tried the opening new chat, it worked but just for one or 2 responses and then it disappeared again. 

After I downloaded 0S 5.0.0.607 my memory went up 10 MB's which is great, I can notice the difference. This new memory is disappearing rapidly though. 

I hope I do not have the problem with the clock alarm..... Working sometimes only will not be good.... I will get in trouble, hehehhe, better set my night table alarm clock just in case as a back up till I figure out if it is working all the time or not.

Thanks for the information posted and if anybody has solutions.... PLEASE HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: Z30

YES!!!!! I have the same aggrivating issue as well!!

Word Completion STILL manages to turn back on even when I have it set to Auto Correction and have spell check disabled. Even when spell check is left enabled.

I too am using full keyboard in portrait mode and it seems to revert itself back to Word Completion after the phone is used.

To note: this bug has been present since OS 5.0.0.451...

I would be inerested in knowing which *.cod files control this setup.  From some extensive testing, I know this isn't radio file controlled.

Any insight or fix into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

My Device: Storm 2 9550

I signed up for Beta tresting at RIM but cant get the BBM new Beta. Anyway to get it? Others say the BBM Group Chat nkeyboard issue is gone in the Beta. But it says it's not available or something.

Highlighted
My Device: Storm 9950

Kamika007z wrote:

YES!!!!! I have the same aggrivating issue as well!!

Word Completion STILL manages to turn back on even when I have it set to Auto Correction and have spell check disabled. Even when spell check is left enabled.

I too am using full keyboard in portrait mode and it seems to revert itself back to Word Completion after the phone is used.

To note: this bug has been present since OS 5.0.0.451...

I would be inerested in knowing which *.cod files control this setup.  From some extensive testing, I know this isn't radio file controlled.

Any insight or fix into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I'm having this issue too!! I had the intiial storm and never had this problem. I checked to make sure my settings were the same but it totally switches where the words start being completed. Then after like 15 texts of that it'll go back to me spelling without the word completion. I know how to spell! Is there a fix for this??