Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 2

Re: Storm Charging / Battery Problems UPDATE

Your not the only one.

I went through 2 batteries yesterday with minimal usage.

I took it to Verizon and they ordered me a replacement.

It should be here Monday.

Dunc

My Device: Not Specified

Not sure that will help.  I have 2 good batteries.  Something with the new software seems to be draining the battery continuously.

Im in the same boat as you. I got the update and it installed perfect. But after my phone wont hold a charge for more than 3 hours. Before it could hold for a little over a day
New Contributor

Re: Storm Wont Charge - White screen - battery picture with "lightening bolt" icon???

blank_page

i got these couple of problems in charging issue either. when i plug my storm in to charge it doesnt seem to be charging. right after i plugged it in, this red Led on the right top of the phone comes up but never been a sign of this bolt or clock on the screen though i did not make any change of preferences during charging process. it is just black. also never responsive. 

i tried to remove the battery and plug it in to charge , screen showed up with an empty battery sign on it this lasts 4 sec. then it turned off itself. so i place the battery again and leave it to recharge deperately  

This red led lasts just for while, what is that red led for?? is it normal that it only lights for a while??

is it a problem with battery itself?? i used it till the battery died out so do i need to charge it for dayss?? or what??

any helps appreciated

best,,

Re: Storm Wont Charge - White screen - battery picture with "lightening bolt" icon???

I am having similar problems and found that if I jiggle the connector the bolt will display and the battery will begin charging ... it's as if it's shorting out. Very frustrating.
New Contributor
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: Tellus

Re: Storm Charging / Battery Problems

I have the same problem. And it didnt work for me, Know all I have on the phone is when I plug it in the only thing coming up is the red light and nothing else. Do you have any other suggestion or do I need to scrap my phone

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: Tellus

Same thing is happening to me. Did you ever get an answer on it.

Visitor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Looking for another thread about shutting off all your apps from the app not just the go back button.

Use the close in the app to really shut it off??

I have been using  Steelthorn's Quickpull program from Crackberry to  "pull the battery".

I also bought an extended life battery.

Put it in and charged for 12 hours, and like it said do it for several days in a row to get the battery to full charge.

It wouldn't keep a charge either.

I went back to the origional battery and it seemed to be doing "ok" for a week or so, but this AM, my alarm went off at six, shut it off, looked at five emails and took them off the phone, and put the phone in my pocket.  In three hours the phone read 20 % power!!  And as in previous quick discharges, it was hot!

Came home signed up for the forums, and found the link about closing all apps not just exiting them.

Did a quickpull put the phone on charge through the computer and two hours later it says 100 % power.

Now I'm wondering if it would be worth while to put the extended life battery back in and see of the Close method of leaving apps will help it?

Highlighted
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

RR. I had the same probelem with the CURVE. I am a new Blackberry user and DID let the battery get really low. However, I could've sworn I fully charged it, as I used it a couple of times before switching off overnight. It was then in the morning it wouldn't switch on. I then took your advice and PLUGGED IT IN WITHOUT THE BATTERY. Sure enough, it re-booted and is now charging with the battery back in.