Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Storm International Roaming Problems

Yet another Storm problem for me. I am currently in Hong Kong and the global data feature isn't working. When switched to the GSM mode, it constantly says SOS calls only. I've tried to manually pick a network.. eg SmarTone Vodafone but it constantly says SOS calls only. What the hell is going on? It did work for about 15 minutes and then went to SOS calls only. If this is truly a global phone, it gives you a world of problems and heartache. When switched to 1XEV or Global I can make and receive calls but I don't care about that. I need data and Verizon only has agreements with HK carriers on GSM networks. I've tried rebooting and everything else I can think of but to no avail. I did speak to a Verizon rep who says someone will call me back. Anyone have any thoughts?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm BB 9530T - Verizon

Re: Storm International Roaming Problems

Did you have the phone enabled for international before you left?  You must do this or the SIM card is not really activated.  

I'm not sure if they can fix this once you are outside the Verizon network.  They may be able to help you get the phone unlocked and then you can use a local SIM but that could be a can of worms too.

This is an issue with your Verizon account.

Highlighted
Contributor

I did set up my plan to international roaming before I left and also unlocked my phone. If I use a local SIM card with the phone, it works fine with that card's GSM network. I also just wiped the phone and it still has the same problem. The phone rep told me other people are using the network successfully. Initially when I arrived here. the data worked fine for about half an hour and then it just went to SOS mode.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

in the options, have the Host Routing Table resent.
you will receive a message saying it is okay.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I am in the Host Routing Table, but how do I get it resent? There are dozens of lines that say Verizon (240), Verizon (20400430), and so on. Which one do I pick and do I register it or?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

home screen >> options >> advanced options >> host routing table >> menu >> register now

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Verizon concluded it is a hardware issue. Device replaced. What a nightmare