Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm Not Reading SIM Card?? HELP

I upgraded from .109 to .114 last night using Desktop Manager (which is wierd because it never lets me upgrade withought using apploader program) well it finished with errors, "Uncaught Exception: Application Registry. WaitFor (0x3bc6259193b4b87c) Timeout".

Now it doesnt read my SIM card, ive done almost everything i can do, to wipeing it clean with JL_Cmmdr, Reloading .109, Battery Pulls, but still nothing. My signal's stuck on SOS, when i goto "Mobile Network" data service is"on", Network Selection Mode: Automatic, GSM/UMTS, Network Mode 3G&2G, (but mobile network says AT&T, when i have and had a Tmobile sim card in it)

Another thing you should know is when i goto options>Advanced options>Sim Card (No Invalid Sim Card at the top) and type Mepd it reads Unknown everything...wierd! all this is making me wish i never touched it, lol So if anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it, not having my storm sucks!!!

FYI: Its a Storm 9530 unlocked for tmobile, cheers
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Storm Not Reading SIM Card?? HELP

i would do a wipe of your phone, then reinstall the os

how to install the OS

1. download and install the beta OS to your computer.

2. open your PC's Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and then delete the Vendor file, which is in XML format. If you don't delete the other vendor's file, the software won't be able to install the software on your carrier-locked device.

3. connect storm to computer

4. in the screen where you deleted the vendor.xml file, scroll to the top and you will see the loader file, double click and follow the onscreen directions!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Contributor

I did a full wipe using JL_Cmmdr, then loaded .75 because desktop manager recommended it, i loaded it and i restored my backup files and still "Insert Sim Card", so i tried installing .109 and it installed successfully and still nothing changed. i did get an error before all this happened, when i tried updating to .114 from .109 it installed with errors and from then on it started saying Insert Sim Card, i dont know if this will help but here is the error i got (and i think this is why its not reading my card)   "Uncaught Exception: Application Registry.WaitFor (0x3bc6259193b4b87c)Timeout."

Ill try a full wipe again and see what happens but i dont think it will help, Thanks alot man but hopefully someone had this happen to them and knows of the best solution. Does anyone know if refurbishing a phone would fix this and how much?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

well, if your in the states, you dont need a sim card, unless your traveling outside of the states.

i dont have my sim installed as it serves no purpose.

if it still does it with .75, i would contact your provider.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Contributor

well i dont know what kind of phone you have (maybe a CDMA phone, which doesnt use sim cards) but mine does need one. My Blackberry Storm 9530 is a Verizon specific phone....but i have it unlocked so that i can use my T-Mobile Sim Card in it....no worries. this must be a rare happening because i have posted this topic in several different forums and nobody seems to know how to fix this. I guess ill end up having to get the phone refurbished. only thing i can think of.

this has happened to several people, just google " phone says "Insert Sim Card" or "Invalid SIM Card" but i havent found a threat with the problem resolved. thanks anyways guys!

New Contributor

I've wiped and reloaded about 3 times with JL_Cmder and no luck.

No Valid Sim still displays adn Verizon is still the carrier.

I can't unlock it using codes I bought.

When I get to the screen to enter MEPP2, the screen for the code

doesn't appear.

It's really frustrating! Especially when you read that others had success !

If you have any luck, let me know and I'll do the same....:/

My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon

ok for some people that did that and still had the problem. this is how i solved mine. take the back cover off. look near to where the sim card goes in , youll see a little hex or star screw. u need to tighten that a bit , but not too much because u wont be able to press the screen too well. that is what solved my problem. hope it helps many of u. thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: MTN

Me too I had the same problem,

I decide to give it to a unlocker consumer and they fix it for me by updating the software. So if you can do it it by yourself it will go on.

I also have a storm 9530 Verizon phone, and i can't use the CDMA option of the phone, some people toll me that the CDMA is only working in usa is it true ?