Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm - Problem with Hebrew Keyboard in SMS

I've installed the .114 OS on my storm 9530, which is the only OS with hebrew support.
The keyboard works OK on all application except the SMS.
when trying to write SMS message the keyboard buttons gets blank.

any idea on solving this issue?

Thanks...
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Storm - Problem with Hebrew Keyboard in SMS

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

In SMS, the specific characters that are available are controlled by your carrier rather than the OS. So, while you have the character set installed and it works with everything else, your carrier is restricting those characters in the SMS function. There's nothing the device OS can do to override that.

Sorry.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

HI,

Thanks for the reply.

I've talk to my carrier support and they say that they have no control over the SMS fonts so the issue has nothing to do with them.

Any other ideas? maybe i'm missing some network configurations of some kind?

Thanks,

Tomer

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Ahhhhh...nice response from your carrier. FYI -- we have a separate escalation to RIM going on that is discussing this and RIM's response so far has been that indeed the carriers do control the characters available in SMS. So this now means that each is pointing to the other...sad.

Can you post your carrier? You say you have a 9530, which most often denotes VZW in the USA. But, you also say you are on the .114 OS...which is not current nor was ever sanctioned by VZW...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yep, very nice answer....Smiley Sad

My carrier is Orange israel 42501.

The .114 is the only OS i found with full hebrew support.

Thanks...:-)

Hall of Famer III

Cool. Thanks...I've added this thread to the escalation (to RIM) request so that they can tell us firmly if your carrier is one they know of that has such a restriction.

FWIW -- here's another thread that is discussing this regarding Spanish characters. There is, later in that thread, a response from Xandrex that has a link to another thread that discusses this regarding Greek characters. This is part of what RIM is looking into so as to provide us with a difinitive response on the subject as a whole.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=12659

Cheers!

My Device: 9630 tour
My Carrier: sprint

if you go into network services and change from global to GSM then you will be able to type in sms no problem

enjoy

Dan

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: cellcom

can you please send me the link to the corect os 4.7 (114) hebrew - sms read & write ?