Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm Ringer Not Working

I've read through the posts and none of the solutions work permanently. Removing the battery works until I switch to Vibrate and then back to Normal. Verizon informs me that a new Operating System (4.9) is due any minute. Anyone have an Estimated Time of Arrival on the new OS? Anyone have an opinion of whether this will work as a fix? Also, someone mentioned a "Quickpull" app that can be used in the meantime (certainly not a real solution). Info on that? Thanks.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Storm Ringer Not Working

Sclove423 wrote (in another thread)

"Bifocals:

I also just posted about my Storm ringer not working and being told that a new Operating System (4.9) is due momentarily that may be the fix. What can you tell me? Meanwhile, I'd appreciate knowing where to find this "Quick Pull" to use as a temporary solution, Thx.'

Hi and welcome to the forums!

1) I wouldn't put much faith in the "rumor" of a OS release. There is never a guarantee of any version of software being released.

There isn't a "timetable" that vendors follow. Everybody seems to "know a sales rep, has a friend" etc. in Verizon.

I believe it when I have it downloaded and running on my device...and then it's just on trial!

2) You drove right past the answer in the other thread! Smiley Happy

I wrote:

"Use the Quickpull application by Steelthorn version 2. It's free and a very stable and helpful application.

You push an icon to reboot the phone with out removing the battery.

I use it, and many others on this forums do as well.

You can get in on App World. " 

If you don't have App World installed you ought to try it.

If you don't have use App World then just Google Quickpull.

3) How about posting specific details about your device, so we can address the actual problem and not

just apply "band-aids"?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Okay...a freebie! Next time please look a little first.

You found the OS 4.9 rumor...so Google is working. Right?

Smiley Very Happy

http://www.steelthorn.com/

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.First, I did not miss your point about Quick Pull and actually commented that this is not a satisfactory solution. Another user remarked that it is ludicrous that anyone would suggest that a bandaid is a solution. Blackberry needs to fix this glitch.

Second, I did not stumble upon the prospect of a 4.9 OS nor did I Google it. Verizon told me to expect this shortly.

As for your request for more info, my phone rings until I switch to Vibrate. Then I have to pull the battery to make it ring again in Normal (I also said this in my post). 

Maybe you need to check out a new Rx fof those Bifocals!  LOL!

Seriously, if you or anyone else has a real solution, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Here is your request from the other thread:

Bifocals:

I also just posted about my Storm ringer not working and being told that a new Operating System (4.9) is due momentarily that may be the fix. What can you tell me? Meanwhile, I'd appreciate knowing where to find this "Quick Pull" to use as a temporary solution, Thx.

That is what I responded too.

Here is what you started this thread with:

I've read through the posts and none of the solutions work permanently. Removing the battery works until I switch to Vibrate and then back to Normal. Verizon informs me that a new Operating System (4.9) is due any minute. Anyone have an Estimated Time of Arrival on the new OS? Anyone have an opinion of whether this will work as a fix? Also, someone mentioned a "Quickpull" app that can be used in the meantime (certainly not a real solution). Info on that? Thanks.

There is quite a difference in the two posts.

No offense meant by the Google reference.

None taken by the "Maybe you need to check out a new Rx fof those Bifocals!  LOL!" reference.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor

The gist of my posts were the same. One was abbreviated. I am only interested in knowing if anyone out there knows anything about the new Operating System (4.9), when we can expect it and whether it might be a real fix.

Am having the same problem.  It seems to originate with how I use my Jawbone ear piece.  If I simply turn off the ear piece without closing/disconnecting the bluetooth connection on the Storm, then the phone will not ring / go directly to voicemail.  If, when I reconnect the Jawbone, and the disconnect the bluetooth connection on the Storm, then the phone will ring and I successfully answer the phone.

Bottom line, formally disconnecting my bluetooth connection on the Storm, instead of turning off the Jawbone, seems to prevent this problem.

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. Here is my setup: Storm 9530. OS 5.0. I have no special themes or anything. Everything is factory default. Here is the problem: When the phone rings the sound comes through the headset on the device. I cannot hear it. I can only see the screen lit up with someone calling. The only reason I know it is coming through the headset on the device is I have heard the sound real faintly. I put the device to my ear and it was coming through the headset. I have tried a battery pull. That does not work. The only band aid at this point that works is: going to your music and playing a music file. Then you click the bb button and select the option to "activate headset" let it play a few seconds through the headset, then hit the bb button again and select activate speaker. Then after that my sound works normal for an hour or so. Then I have to go through all that again. This is very frustrating as this BB is my alarm clock. I have missed important calls because I did not hear the sound. Please post your solutions. 

New Contributor

I went into my ringer settings and modified the new vibrate settings.  I had BuzzMe installed.  It looks like after I disabled that my phone actually rang.