Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm Sync Problem

Hi guys got a problem with my new Blackberry Storm, which i got from Vodafone yesterday I'm trying to sync with my Intel Mac however i keep getting this error:

41.261] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

I suspect it could be a driver problem as under status is says available but it doesn't list my device as a storm or 9500

I have down loaded PocketMac from the blackberry site, but still no connection what am I missing........???? 

New Contributor

Re: Storm Sync Problem

Hi,

Sorry, that I can't help, but I have the exact same problem. I have tried it on 3 different generation of Mac's on different OSX and its all the same. Let's hope for an update which will fix the sync error. I really don't know that how will I get my numbers on to the storm as I've been using an iPhone and that doesn't store the numbers on the sim.

RIM should have thought about this if apparently they are so  concern about getting people away from buying iPhones.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

"RIM should have thought about this if apparently they are so concern about getting people away from buying iPhones".

My sentiment exactly I can't believe that anyone would launch the Storm without making sure it could compete on all sides with an iphone or are we still dealing with people who think Windows PC are the only computers out there!

When I read all the literature on the Storm & Blackberry it was made clear that blackberry had the PocketMac for all Mac's yeah but it doesn't support the storm

You get all the hype, the big build up to a launch of a major new product and someone misses a major point like this.

However in all fairness I have emailed Blackberry and there response has been excellent as to keeping me informed of the position of my query, lets just hope they are as efficient at finding a solution to this problem ASAP.

Otherwise I'm back to my Nokia N95 8GB and considering exercising my 14 day return policy with Vodafone

Message Edited by Tom007 on 11-16-2008 07:24 AM
New Contributor

exactly! I'm on day 13 of the 14 day return policy.

I can't get music or pictures on my storm at least if it would mount on the desktop as a hard drive and I could drag and drop files that it would be ok for the time being.

Also, as I used an iPhone (from work) before my SIM card actually empty as the iPhone doesn't store the contacts on the SIM, now I've got no contacts on the storm and I have no way of getting it on them. Smiley Sad

I'm really frustrated about this situation.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Just an FYI

There is a forum called Blackberry's for MAC on the board.

A lot of good info comes out of there, you may want to participate.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Right guys

time for an update spoke with Blackberry technical support today "The official Line Is" there is a problem with the Aluminium iMac or Intel Mac. Apple have change the USB driver configuration and therefore the blackberry Storm will not sync with the new iMac.

Blackberry are working on a solution, however there is no ETA for this. The best they could offer me was check back in a month.

So it looks like I'm gonna have to sync with a Windows PC for the time being if i want to transfere all my contacts, email addresses and appointments which is gonna be a real pain as i am gonna have to type them all manually  :smileymad:

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi tom007,

Do you have Outlook or lotus, note? What do you sync to currently

on your desktop. If ou can sync to Outlook for instance you wouldn't have to write them

manually.

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

well, after the first day at work with my Blackberry storm, I have to say that I'm calling vodafone to arrange to pick up my phone and i'll go back to the iPhone.

RIM needs to learn a lot before they can take on the iPhone. Thins that 70% of the music market is handled by iTunes and more then 80% of those users are on macintosh, so if you don't provide a software with your phone what helps to get your music on the blackberry , those people wont be happy. I'm certainly one of them. Not to mention that I can't sync anything at all between a mac and the storm, not even through bluetooth! I've bought a £60, 16MB mini SD card which was a complete waste now.

Good luck to all of you with the storm! All of you who has been using the trusty old blackberry's, make sure that you will not upgrade as the curve and the bold is 100 x times better then the storm! 

New Contributor

Hi.  Just received my Storm 9500 from Vodafone yesterday.  Spent ages getting to know it - Looks & feels like an iphone which is great but will not sync with my macbookair, my macpro or my macbookpro.  I emailed pocketmac who say their software works with The Storm but clearly it doesn't. Same problem as all of you.  Somehow I need to get my address book and calendar on the storm. If I can't find a solution today, its going back to Vodafone and I will get an iphone or just start using my Blackberry 8800 again.
Highlighted
New Contributor

ok, found a solution - after hours of talking to Vodafone I was directed to this site:

I tried the link to mark/space and it works a treat !  It costs about £27 but well worth the outlay to be able 

to use my Storm immediately.  Took just 10 mins from locating the site to having everything on my storm 9500.
Just sync'd my mac and my storm. very happy !!  No problems works soooooooo much better than pocket mac !

Totally recommend - took a chance as i had to buy before I tried, but its fab.  Bring on the storm !!

http://www.markspace.com/products/blackberry/blackberry-sync-mac-software.html