Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm-Video Camera Problems

I've been trying to use the video camera on my Storm but everytime I take a video it freezes after 30 seconds and the only way to unfreeze it is to take the battery out and turn it back on, which erases the video I took.  Even if I take a video under 30 seconds and save it when I try to play it back it says the media being played is of an unsupported format.  I can't play a video on device I took it on?  How the heck can I overcome this?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Storm-Video Camera Problems

Hi ptmph, this is a common problem that people had with the original OSes on the Storm.  Out of curiosity, who is your carrier and what operating system are you running?  To find out your operating system, go to Options > About.  Look for the part that starts v4.7.0.???

Thanks and we can hopefully help further with that info.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Krypto, Hope you can help.  My carrier is Verizon Wireless, and my operating system is as follows:

v. 4.7.0.75 (platform 4.0.0.94)

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

FYI -- this thread will be moved by the mods to the Storm forum. Thanks Mods!

ptmph -- there are many many threads in the Storm forum about the camera issues on the Storm on VZW on the .75 OS. The reality is that it has problems that will hopefully be addressed in future OS releases, but VZW has not released a new OS (we are all hopeful, but promises become dissapointments, IMO). So, the fact is that it has these problems and you are doing what is necessary to keep going. There is no fix until the OS is updated. Sorry, but that's the harsh reality. You can do some searching through the Storm forum to find things that others have attempted as work arounds.

Hope that Helps!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 05-23-2009 01:36 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................