Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm and Bluetooth speeds?

I know that the Storm supports Bluetooth 2.0, however, the enhanced data rate (EDR) is a separate specification for BT 2.0 devices. I have been unable to find if the Storm supports EDR.

Does anyone know if the Storm supports this higher BT 2.0 data rate? Or, has anyone benchmarked transfer speeds over the Storm's BT connection?

Thanks!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Storm and Bluetooth speeds?

If your sending small things like pics and ringtones, its pretty fast.

but sending video and full length mp3 files, your better off with the cable or just taking the mem card out and putting it in the computer, its really fast that way!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Contributor
My Device: 9530

I've just started looking a Bluetooth enabled stero headphones.  The seem to require a protocol called A2DP.  I believe this is only supported by BT 2.0.  When I select Options->About, my device says I have Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1.   Is this just the software version?  Is BT 2.0 implemented in the hardward or software?

Thanks,

Art

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Art you didn't say what device you had. If you have a Storm, it supports the a2dp profile for stereo bluetooth.

see page 165 of Blackberry manual ...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm

My Plantronics BT Stereo HP worked fine with the Storm (with official software).  Now that I'm using the "leaky .85", not so much.

They'll fix this in the official releases (I hope).