Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Storm is Not RINGING.

Just starting today my Blackberry is not ringing when I receive a incoming call.  I have tried to reboot the device and even took the battery out for a minute.  Both solutions did not work.  I also tried to see if there was a update I was missing, no luck there either.

Any help would be great.

New Contributor

Re: Storm is Not RINGING.

Make sure the profile is set correctly.

Perform a hard reset (remove and place back the battery)

and then try again

Have you app loaded to the latest HH code yet?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]
I tried all that stuff....VZ even sent me a new phone, and it is still occurring.  quite frustrating.  it doesn't occur all the time, and is intermittent.  But seems to me that this occurs when receiving text messages or emails.
Message Edited by kalanic00 on 12-16-2008 12:59 PM
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

I had a similar problem when receiving txt messages where there was no sound, I tried a soft/hard reset but it still didnt help. I then changed the assigned sound (for sms messages) and it started working again, changed it back to the origional sound and it has worked ok ever since..go figure? 
New Contributor

I finally fixed my issue.  I did not have a profile setup under the sound options.  Once I setup a profile, the sound for the ringer starting to work on incoming calls. 

Not sure if this will fix everyone's problems, but it fixed mine.

Thanks for the input.