Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm is almost one Month old Now, YOUR VEREDICT?

Well, it is almost one month since we got the opportunity to get our hands on the STORM. Many things have happened and many people have gone through a lot with this phone. So I guess it is not a bad idea to review the STORM once more, using the knowledge us users have collected during this period of time.

I would love to know your opinion, comments, etc. About this remarkable piece of equipment.

F.

Contributor

Re: Storm is almost one Month old Now, YOUR VEREDICT?

I am fairly happy with it. I like the device, although the learning curve was a bit long. I guess since I always had Palm devices and this is my first Blackberry that is normal. Once you get to know the device it works rather well, especially after the software upgrade. There are a few items that need a look into by RIM and I expect more software updates to follow. Items like the camera (huge delay, very difficult to use) video camera (Storm quits recording and locks up).

I think there needs to be a few more applications, they are lacking somewhat.

Overall, I will keep it.

Contributor

After loading the last update I really like it, I have a few requests left but happy overall

New Contributor

I'm loving the Storm... As the days pass I get more accustomed to it and I guess the love contniues to grow...
Contributor
My Device: BB Storm

Very nice.I love mine.I have had it about a week and half and it seems like everyday it just keeps getting better.Checking these forums helps alot when looking for quick lil tips,shortcuts or what have yous.Overall,its freaking great!!
a "storm" is coming
New Contributor

I am sad to say  the phone might be going back...typing an E-mail or A simple text is a nightmare!.. The buttons on the screen are very inacurate and often the wrong letter highlights.. Even after the upgrade the screen takes for..... ever to switch from portrait to pan mode and  it often freezes.. The battery life is short.

The phone over all instead of simplifying my life has complicated it a bit more. I think i am going back to  the curve and won't bother with the "touch screen" ever again... and this is only after 4 days of owning it...

Highlighted

I have been a Verizon customer since '94.  I just recently upgraded to the Storm 4-days ago, what a change.  This is my first Black Berry, for the most I'm enjoying it.  I have to admit I did have the iPhone for 48Hrs before returning it for a refund. My reason(s) for the return was not being able to sent pictures from phone to phone.  The only way to send a picture was via email.  Also very poor service in my area.  My opinion Storm vs iPhone.  The iPhone scrolled from menu to menu more freely, especially scrolling thru contact list. I liked the coolness of the pinch zoom in/out on the iPhone vs the tap tap on the Storm.  The iPhone has for MORE Apps than the Storm, I'm told by Verizon sales persons, more Apps are coming but the question seems to be WHEN?  I prefer the smaller size of the Storm over the iPhone.

One problem I've encounter with Storm... For no reason the ringer stopped ringing...I worked searching menus for an hour before I done a Google search and found this forum.  Done a search on this forum to find I wasn't the only one that has experienced this problem.  The helpful info I found on a thread was to remove the battery and reinstall battery and it would restore the ringer.  It did in fact restore the ringer, but for a phone that has got so much air time on TV commercial its sad that you have to remove a the battery to restore the ringer when it decided to disappear for no reason.

Contributor
My Device: storm 9530

I'm satisfied wit the fone...I've learned how to use it n the problem everyone has wit the keyboard Is understandable but if u go to the screen/keyboard settings n go down to the touch section of that menu.. Put the tap interval to 500 and the hover period to 1000 and the swipe to 5...when I did that the keyboard Felt more accurate and as I wrote this msg wit the bb keyboard n was easy...try it n c if it works for u...
Contributor

Both my wife and I have storms, she gave her other BB away after trying out my phone. I like it, no problems typing, keyboard works fine, taking pictures is easy, the images look better then I thought they would. Overall nice phone, easy to use and plan on keeping it untill something better is released.

Contributor

Frankly I am dissappointed. After all the hype the phone isn't really ready for prime time. Even after 3 OS upgrades there are still many issues.

Several of the more irritating items are:

- Slow response to menu selections.

- Screen freezes after making menu selections

- The accelerometer gets confused easily (every time a lay the phone down it goes into landscape)

- When answering a call I have to press the answer key several times.

- Very slow web browsing.

- Can't customize message/notification handling.

I expect this from a lesser phone manufacturer. But, considering this is RIM I had much higher expectations. At the end of the day I am not sure if it was worth the $300 for the upgrade.