Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Storm is almost one Month old Now, YOUR VEREDICT?

I am waiting for my third storm to arrive any day, my first two were defective. I have tried the Bold, Iphone, curve and I personally love the storm and this time verizon promised me that they are working on all of the known issues.I have been with verizon for a long time and they do have the best service of all the carriers. The best part is when your phone is broken there is a store nearby to get an exchange try that with other carriers. The Storm is the best blackberry out there!
Contributor

How did they determine whether it was hardware of software. I'm on my second one and can't tell if the product is defective or the software needs development ? I'm nearing my 30 day trial expiration and am really struggling with whether or not to keep it. Thanks in advance
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I love my Storm..  Yes, there are glitches, but nothing that won't be worked out with new OS releases..

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Visitor

Kicking the Storm out before X-mas made us all beta-users. So we pay to suffer. Just like the first generation IPhone users.

The concept is great but poorly incorporated, full of flaws, inconsintancies of the user interface and so on.

Bottom line?  I'll keep it and pray for updates ...

New Contributor

This phone is Horrific! Especially knowing that VERIZON and RIM ussually DONT put out aproduct until it has been tested and tested and tested.

The early adopter (me everytime) was used here as the Beta tester! WHat a bad corporate move. I would love to talk to the MORON who approved releasing this phone before it is ready. I am a BLACKBERRY NINJA and have had well over 10 blackberry's. Even had a pager from them! UNACCEPTABLE!

I got this phone on day one and committed to giving it at least 30 days. This phone has MANY FLAWS:

Video recording-BROKEN

CANT ANSWER A CALL HALF THE TIME

Keyboard has wrong letters coming up

when plugged into the charger dont even thnk of using it

DEVICE MEMORY- slow as **bleep**

The camera- 3.2 megapixelsof pure CRAP!

the flash is UN-synchronized

All the tweaks: Business card?, setting on touch speed? SNAKE OIL!!!

SHAME on RIM and VERIZON, this phone is a complete MISS!

try and copy and paste on this phone!!!! Good luck

try and put the curser on a spellign mistake?

FOR THE PRICE is a on the verge of being a complete and total FAILURE

Waiting for a new OS?

THey should be putting out fixes daily!!! Not making us wait for a bundle?

SHAME ON RIM

Contributor

One thing is certain: you da BLACKBERRY NINJA !  BWUUUUHAHAHAHAHAH !

I am still in love with mine.

I had an LG EnV before and the transition was not too tough.

The only problem is when people call me it takes some time to answer.

That is really my only complaint!  

My Storm was so bad about this slow/freezing/erratic BS that I took it into Verizon to find out why. I was reminded about how I was carefully instructed (this is true) to use <Menu>/<Close> instead of the <backup> or the <end> buttons when leaving an app. I apparently was having RAM seizure. It was so screwed that we had to pull the battery to clear RAM. Now that I am more carefull about CLOSING apps (like Camera, Games, Maps, etc.) the phone works very well.

It IS annoying that the DEFAULT behavior is TSR when you do the EASY exit (<backup>) and only really stops the app if you explicityl CLOSE. Oh, well. With time, I think a LOT of things will likely improve.

Pat

Portland, Oregon

Contributor

Well, I have to say I like the phone. It definately has some flaws too. I have broken my screen already. Be very careful. I have found a system flaw with the os on the homescreen icons. It takes a few seconds to hit the answer button on your phone and to have the phone actually answer the call!! The camera is pure crap. Everything blurs. For me the most important things is emails. They are easy to read and that is what I was looking for. Everything else I'm sure will improve with later OS releases.

Dayton Mazda

New Contributor

DisAppointed!! I am not to happy at all. Basic operations are a full on task with this thing.  It has a super appearance, i loved the many preinstalled ring tones, ringtones THAT weren't music. Texting, answering calls, etc. requires way to many steps. It's so frustrating!! I want to throw this thing against a wall.  It has some nice abilities, but overall, not so good.  Seriously debating if I should keep this and hope for lots up updates.

I give it 6 out of 10.

P.S. Verizon has  a habit of discontinuing phones that don't continue to do well. I hope they don't get rid of this phone, and leave us hanging.