Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm not charging on AC adapter

I have posted here before about my phone not being able to charge on the AC adapter.  I can only charge using the USB port from my computer.  Which really sucks because it takes forever.  It is not my charger as I borrowed other Storm chargers from people within my office.  I also have changed batteries from other people in my office and still can not use the AC adapter.  The only way I can get an AC adapter to work is if I pull the battery two or three times then I might get lucky and be able to do one charge.

I took my phone into Verizon and they said "yep it doesn't work".  Fortunately the phone is in warranty yet  (three months old) and we send you a re-manufactured phone.

Is this acceptable??  I already have had two brand new phones that have had to be replaced and now they want to give me a re-manufactured one.  The Verizon rep said I wouldn't believe the quality of their remanufacturing department.  They can't produce a good new phone how can they produce a good remanufactured phone.  Right now I am a unhappy camper.  Sorry for the rant.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Storm not charging on AC adapter

Hi there!

Since you have only one question in your post that I can find -- I'll answer that.

"Acceptable" is a contractual matter between you and your service provider. If it is within your support contract for them to provide you a remanufactured device, then that is what they can do. To go above and beyond what your contractual arrangement provides for would be a matter of choice on their side...but you cannot force anything that is beyond your contractual terms.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Storm not charging on AC adapter

I have found that working outside of a store generally works better and increases your chances of getting a new versus refurbished unit.

With previous devices dealing with a CSR via a 611 call I have had new in box sent out as a replacement.  A store that has personnel that are "salespersons"  are loathe to give to you something as a replacement that they can sell and meet their quotas and increase their commissions.  At store level the focus is on selling the new giving the refurbished.  A CSR at a call center has no commission incentive to cause them to lean towards giving you a refurbished unit.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!