Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm sync using 4.7 - very slow

[ Edited ]
I just upgraded from an old blackberry to the storm and installed desktop manager 4.7 at the same time.  When I synced with my pc (that has all my contacts, calendar, task, ietc, info) for the first time, the sync process took 10 to 15 minutes (many contacts in my pc contact file) like it usually does the first time I do it but unlike my old blackberry and old desktop manager, when I sync again (after say adding only one or two new contacts and calendar entries), it reads every contact, calendar, etc. entry and takes 15 minutes or so as opposed to my old blackberry and desktop where it knew only a few new entries were added and only syncs those and takes less than 30 seconds, etc.  I have gone through all the settings I can think of and can't find a solution.  Is anybody experiencing the same thing?  Any help is appreciated.
Message Edited by Bulls on 01-12-2009 12:11 PM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Storm sync using 4.7 - very slow

that slowing down is a regression that appeared with Desktop Manager 4.5. It is still present with 4.6 and 4.7
DM 4.3 is the latest version that is fast.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: