Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Storm text messaging issues...

I am trying to get my number keys to stay on the keyboard without switching back to letter form because I am trying to type in a phone number that is not saved in my contacts.  Everytime I punch in a number, it goes right back to the original keyboard and I have to go back and forth for every number I want to dial.  Does anyone know how to keep the number keys on like all the other bb's could do.  And why does it not give you the option to dial a phone number automatically if it is not saved in your contacts?
Contributor

Re: Storm text messaging issues...

If you read the manual Smiley Happy you'll see that if you HOLD DOWN THE 123 key for a few seconds, it will "lock" the 123 so you can enter in multiple #'s or symbols, same w/ the caps lock button.
New Contributor

Thank you so much it worked great.  However I must say that I am tired of looking for a way to solve issues with my manual, there's just too many problems I am running into.  This phone has managed to disaappoint me in ways I would have never thought Rim could
Contributor

true, but it's a pretty complicated device, tons of info combined into a tiny little thing, there will be a learning curve, probably the same as we've had with previous phones. I remember my first Treo it took me quite a while to master it, even my very first cell phone took some time to learn the nuances (and all it did was make calls, tell the time and have an alarm LOL) I'm not trying to give you sh*t here buddy, and don't take this personally, but a lot of people will be on these forums in the next few weeks frustrated about things that are outlined in the manual and userguide. Heck, I wasn't going to read the manual either, I thought that was "below" me LoL but I geeked out and went ahead and read it and learned a good bit...now,I still have some problems with BES and some notification sounds that I'm trying to not happen, so its not "perfect" but I'm not unimpressed yet...
New Contributor

I totally agree that there will be many things posted on here that can be found in the manual.  I've been reading my manual since Friday when I got the phone and I guess it's becoming as irritating as the device itself.  However I will start over fresh tomorrow with a new day and attitude and continue trying to make myself love this phone.  I have been a bb user for the past five years and the only phone I haven't owned has been the pearl and the new bb bold.  I just want it to be exactly like my curve but with touchscreen and more features.  I was also hoping to kill the iphone which I had and quickly switched back to the bb.  I promise tomorrow I will re-read my manual again.

Thanx

My Device: Storm

I have to agree with the 2 posters above me.  I'm not dissing the OP at all, but anytime I get a new electronic device, I sit down with the manual and go through each page with phone (or other device) in hand and do what I'm reading.  It save a LOT of frustration.

After I have done that, then I think about what I want to know (for example, use a photograph for the home screen background) and find that more detailed information in the full size manual (online in this case - sometimes on a disk).  It took me a few goes with new devices to realize that what came WITH the device wasn't necessarily the complete manual.  Now I know there usually is a more thorough manual and I just need to find it and do a search inside it for what I'm looking for.  (ctrl F - will search websites, PDF files etc for a word or string of words) 

To the OP - I have to admit, that I missed the part about the numbers and happened on it by accident.  One time they switched back after one digit.  The next time I was distracted and held the button for a couple of seconds and it stayed on the number screen.  I had to try it to see if that was the key; which, of course, we know it was.  LOL 

Friends don't let friends text and drive.
New Contributor

Storm text message transfer from N95

Hi All

Does anyone know how I can transfer my text messages from my phone memory in my Nokia N95 to my new Storm?

I cant save to SIM.

cheers

Neil

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8330, 9530

Re: Storm text message transfer from N95

You should be able to, using your desktop manager software.  If you haven't already done so install it to your pc.  Start it up and select device switch wizard.  You will then be give two options: switch BB devices and switch from another device to a BB device.  Connect both devices and choose switch from another and follow the steps. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Storm text message transfer from N95

Hi

tried that already but BB Desktop doesnt recognise the N95 csv file format.

I am trying to transfer texts from Nokia N95 to my BB Storm and cannot see a way to do it.

Any ideas?

Cheers for help

Neil