Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: telus

Storm without wifi

I bought a Storm 1 without wifi. Storm 2 has wifi but I cannot trade my Storm for a new one as I have only had it 6 months. I would like to somehow add wifi. I have a D Link usb stick from an old laptop which gave me wifi on it. Can I use it on the Storm 1 to have wifi? Can I install the D Link software cd?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Storm without wifi

Unfortunately there is no way to add wifi to the original version of the Storm.  It is not a feature of the phone and the only way to get wifi on a Storm would be to upgrade to the Storm2.  Now then, I understand that you're unable to do so (I'm in the same position as you... I have an original Storm 9530 and would love to have the ability to use wifi, yet I can't upgrade without paying for the phone outright, which given that I'm a student, is out of the question).  Your best bet may simply be to see if you can sell your Storm to someone and then put that money towards a new Storm2.

Here's the catch with the DLink adapter that you are referring to.  It can only be used on computers and not on cellular phones of any sort.  Hence, it won't be able to help you in this situation anyhow.

Sorry the news isn't more positive, but I hope this helps clear things up.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!