Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Storm wont turn on

i have the same problem and i actually tried EVERYTHING.

i was on my way out the door and  i dropped it, when i picked it up, the phone had been completely shut down. i tried putting it on the charger, nothing. i tried holding down the end button for at least one min, nothing.

the red light doesnt come on when i try to charge it, and neither will the screen go on. its almost like the battery is out completely.

any suggestions ?

- jasmine

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

My blackberry storm 9500 won't switch on. I have charged it 4 about 2 hours now. Still nothing. I was downloading windows live messenger and halfway turned off. It wouldn'y switch on. The red light would flash so i charged it. The little timer thing would come up and then after 10 sec it would disapear. It would do thatover and over again.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

New Contributor

THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOUR BBM STORM 9500 ( THE ONE THAT DOESENT HAVE WIFI) WON'T TURN ON!!

step 1

Charge your phone for about 2 hours. You can't do anything without it being fully charged.

( if that doesn't work go to step 2. Remember 2 hours!! )

Step 2

Open BlackBerry Desktop Software and plug your phone into your USB cable into your computer. Make sure you have BlackBerry Desktop Software downloaded of the CD given with your phone or you can download it of the internet. ( inbox me if you want the link.)

Step 3

It won't be able to connect to your phone and a message appears. Click on the update button and DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE! Another message should appear and click get update. After that one last message would appear Smiley Happy with a yellow box at the top. At the bottom you can put in your email put you can just unclick it to get rid of the tick and click onto NEXT(I can't remember if it says next so just click on the button next to cancel.)

Step4

It will download it onto your phone. It can take up to an hour so just wait. DO NOT DICONNECT YOUR PHONE! After it has finished downloading your device should be on and maybe battery low. But hey it's on!! lol              (if a message appears saying it cannot download it because it cannot connect to your device go to step 5)

Step 5

Take it out and charge it for an hour. then do the whole process again. It will then work!!

hope this works for you guys. Smiley Happy      Woman Happy      Man Happy

My Carrier: Vodafone

I have a similar problem. I have had the Storm-9500 for past 2 years. Last night I forgot to plug it in the charger, and in the morning it was turned off - possibly completely drained out. I have kept it plugged into the charger for more than 6 hours now, but no luck. The phone doesn't go beyond the white screen with a black time-ticker.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Harmeet

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

6 hours is not enough, I had to charge it for a whole night.

and use a wall charger and not the charger from a PC.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon

i need the link plz....

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 9500 storm
My Carrier: vodafone

do you have it working yet, as the same thing has happended to me