Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Storm2 (9550) Reboot time?

I use QuickPull to reboot my phone and I have noticed that it takes on average 10-15 mins to reboot, is that normal?  Seems like a very long time to me.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Storm2 (9550) Reboot time?

Quite normal in my experience. It all depends on how loaded the BB is. For instance, if you wipe and reload your OS from scratch and add nothing, it will reboot faster. As you add 3rd party apps, application data, etc., the time lengthens. The timeframe you mention is completely consistent in my experience.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Storm2 (9550) Reboot time?

Thanks for the reply, I do have some apps installed etc, I guess that 10-15 mins seems like an eternity when you're watching it.  I had to reboot this morning on my commute and it felt like forever.  Normally QuickPull reboots it at midnight so, I never see it.