Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Storm2 switching between headset and speaker

I have had my Storm 2 for 5 months and it has performed flawlessly. Yesterday I plugged in the earbuds that came with the device for the very first time. Immediately after removing them the device began switching between headset and speaker mode. If playing music, it switches to headset mode for just a second or two then back to speaker and the music is paused. It does exactly what happens when you actually plug the headset in and then remove it; the headset icon and volume meter appear for a moment along with the system beep, then it returns to speaker with the music paused. I have wiped the device, blown compressed air into the headphone jack, removed the headset while music was playing, and repeatedly plugged the headset jack in and out with no resolution. The Verizon Wireless Knowledge Base has no information on this problem. Any help out there?

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: Storm2 switching between headset and speaker

PLease tell me that are you shoure that all the settings have been cheked by you including the Audio, Music Player, and headset settiings also can you able to check the Phone settings that the phone if in headset mode how it perform. If yes then dont wipe again please hold the ALT key and right Shift Key both and in pressing mode press the third key Delete hold these three keys for the time that the Red light on the blinking light aread infront of the BB will not aprear Red and when your hadnset is in rebooting state again do this to have double softreset. Then check if not then you must resinatll the OS thats the only thing that left

Please let me know