Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Strange Problems with Bold

Hello,

I have bought Blackberry Bold last week from Turkcell in Turkey. It generally works great but I have some problems with it...

Three problems I am going to mention and if you are interested, I want to send you feedback as soon as I encounter with another problem.

Problem #1 After a while contact filtering in the main mode is disabled. I am writing one of my contacts name but Bold does not filter and find it. Tested it various contacts and the contacts which filters before this starts to happen.

Problem #2 There isn’t any application running except blackberry messenger but my phone memory seems to be 17 mb free. I knew that this phone must have 128 mb of ram but how the rest 100 mb is utilized?

Problem #3 After I first turn on my device, when I create a text message the name filtering doesn’t work too.. It gives an exception and shuts the creating screen. After the first crash, problem is resolved but everytime I turned on my device, I encounter with the same problem..

Can I have some suggestions what I can do with these problems? Thank you for your attention... Please respond it is crucial..

New Contributor

Re: Strange Problems with Bold

The 14MB is for addon apps and is plenty for the system. Second have you run the memory cleaner? Third a hard reboot requires the batt. Too be remooved from the phone while it is on. If you use the soft off function this does not fix many problems. The search function works fine in english. But your regional setting may need to be set up. Rim is promiseing a OS update in the next few weeks.
New Contributor

Thanks but I have done all what you have said.. I used memory cleaner, and I am not using my regional settings, I am using my BB in English indeed.. The problem with memory is about battery... More memory u use, less battery life you obtain, am I worng?
New Contributor

Btw first the filtering works fine but I dont understand why but after some time it fails.. I am also waiting for the new OS release..