Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Stuck in "Missed Call" view in messaging inbox

After I missed a call, the missed call view is all that will come up when I select my email.  How do I get this missed call view to go away? 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Stuck in "Missed Call" view in messaging inbox

doodylm wrote:

After I missed a call, the missed call view is all that will come up when I select my email.  How do I get this missed call view to go away? 

Hi doodylm

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Call Management > Call Logs and Lists > Under heading Call Logs set " Show these Call Logs Types In Message Lists "  to None .Then save it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: 9810 Torcb

I have the same problem - I tried this corrective action and it DOESN'T fix the problem.

I have a Blackberry Torch 9810, and it's running 7.1.0.694
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

glenninn wrote:
I have the same problem - I tried this corrective action and it DOESN'T fix the problem.

I have a Blackberry Torch 9810, and it's running 7.1.0.694

Hi glenninn

Welcome to Support Forums

Can be explain your issue a little bit ! Are you still getting those missed calls on your message box ? 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

This didn't work.  I have to take my battery out each time I have a missed call to have the various views (i.e., emails, phone log) show as normal and not show the missed call log each time.  Any other suggestions

New Contributor

In my case, when I miss a call, I get teh dialog box about the fact taht I missed a call.  When I select okay or what ever is on the dialog box, the missed call log comes up.  that sounds innocent enough, until I close out of the missed call log, and then when I try to view my emails or my normal phone view(to place a call), the missed call log is what shows.  the only way I've been able to get the missed call log to go away is to take the battery out for 5-10 seconds and then restart my phone.  This is getting quite frusrtating, and not anything I've ever encountered on any of my other blackberry phones.  I have the Bold 9900, it was an oriignal and I've only had it for 1.5 months.  Desperatelyl looking for the fix for this.

New Contributor
My Carrier: at&t

I also have a brand new Bold 9900 and routinely get missed call notices that preclude me from looking at ANY message until I pull out the battery and very impatiently wait for the damned thing to reboot.  This problem has been reported on a frequent basis and I have seen no attempt to address the issue - other than to tell users to change the call log options --- which does absolutely nothing on my BB.

Can someone PLEASE address what is obviously a software issue that needs to be fixed.  Taking my battery out nearly EVERY time someone calls me is not an option.  I am about ready to move onto another smart phone that doesn't make me do stupid things like repeatedly pop out a battery to achieve basic functions.  Every time it happens I find myself getting more and more upset with this device. 

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

I'm having the *exact* same problem -  a YEAR later.  How is this not fixed? Are we really expoected to have to shut down and remove the battery when we miss a call????