Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Stuck on start up screen

sheldonlaz wrote:

Hi,

After i try to hook up the phone to the laptop the BB Desktop Mgr too does not detect the phone. Any suggestions. I tried the BBSAK but that too was of no use. Need Help!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You may need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Hi,

I think i read this email a bit late & obviously that would have happened since my BB is dead. I have dropped it over to the BB auth service station. They say its not a software issue as they were unable to get the BB working again inspite of trying to flash the OS. I also had some issues for the past month in which the phone would automatically reboot, & then prompt me to repair the insternal memory. It might be an issue with the internal memory gone bad. Since i am out of warranty by 5 days I am gonna have to pay to get this fixed. Looks like its by by BB & hello Windows if I am not able to get this working again.

Thanks for the links tough!

Posting from my Z10
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9650 verizon, v5
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: Blackberry countless uncaught exception errors on start up

please help my blackberry 9650 keep rebooting without starting up(On) until the battery runs down for the past 3days now.( the reboot bar will load to the end then (display a white screen showing reset) switch off, red light on back and start rebooting again and again. No sign when i plug it to computer through USB but it is charging, i took it to repair they say they can not fix it please help, if there is any shotcut of formatting it , cos tried using Alt+shift+del it also doesnt work
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Claro

Hey folks. I'm not a noob actually, but I've experiencing an awkward problem with my BB 9860.

My first BB was a 9800. It was a wonderful hardware with a creepy software. In my 1st week using the device, I needed to wipe up it around 50x. I'm not joking. It was around 50 times seriously. After insulting all the RIM employees, I (smartly - or not) decided to buy a brand new BB 9860. Better OS, better hardware. I was happy. Until last week.

I'd been experiencing problems with Whatsapp. Often, while changing automatically from portrait to landscape and vice versa, its accelerometer just crashed. It happened some times, but I always did a hard reset (pulling out battery) procedure and at last everything was fine. But last time, it didn't. It also stuck in 2/3 of its loading.

Its important to say in this point, I've bought this mobile on Amazon Germany and it came without any branding. I don't have any specific network to download updates, although a few times the mobile system offered me OS upgrades already (1st from 7.0 to 7.1.X, then 7.1.X to 7.1.Y whereas Y > X Smiley Tongue). Im currently living on Brazil, so I use the BB9860 on this country. Im gonna list all the procedures and attempts I had so far to try to recover this BB. Im not so positive, tho'...

1) Reload software. using a Mac, a Windows virtualized on Mac, a Windows (pure breed). Downloaded last available OS from Vodafone.DE - D2 deleted vendor.xml files, Apploader.exe - on Windows, Desktop Manager - Mac and Windows = nothing worked. still stuck on 75% of the loading screen.

2)Downloaded a Java loader "JL_Cmder v1.9.3", successfully connected to the PIN after some tries, tried to delete everything on it via application's command. Result: nothing worked. It seems to don't establish a tough bridge of communications with the BB while it's on "COMA" so commands can't be executed properly. Anyway, still stuck on 75% of the loading screen.

3)Tried to downgraded the mobile, downloading an old version of a OS 7.0 and installing. One obs: in all the installations procedures, eveything goes perfect. The only problem detected is the final step: when the heck of mobile has to restart for the last time, after all the OS is loaded. Anyway, still stuck on that sh1t.

4)Tried for 5 times in a row to start it on safe mode. I think it's not necessary to say I haven't ever heard a bip or seen the loading bar going further. Still goddamned stuck on 75%....

So, I was thinking, after so many disastrous and time wasting maneuvers to bring my BB9860 from death, that it's not a software issue anymore. its a hardware one. Maybe some component or even a processor damage due the hard reset process (interrupting suddenly the energy on components or anything) could have damaged my mobile for lifetime. So, the only one thing last I should do is to take it to an authorized repair maintenance and hear from them: where did you buy its mobile? Germany. When? More than 1 year ago. Ok, I'm sorry but to fix it gonna cost you the same price of a new Android. Duh...

Well, I hope Im wrong and there's still out there some laaaaaaast procedure I could try on my BB before giving up on it. Please, if ANYBODY have any idea (certainly not the same as reload software, java loader, downgrading and safe mode start) of what could help me...much thanks beforehand!!

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Celcom

Re: Blackberry countless uncaught exception errors on start up

my 9860 have the same problem, what should i do ?
Contributor
My Device: 2013
My Carrier: 2013

I'm having the same problem too. My blackberry used to freeze all the time when I'm using it. Last night, i got **bleep** and so i restarted my phone. All of sudden, it freezes upon startup and it won't move until today. I really need your help, i can't use my phone and i dont know what to do about it. Please help me out. What do I do? I've taken out the battery several times already and put it back in.. same thing happens. It still got stuck at the same level. Please tell me what to do.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

menna19977 wrote:

I'm having the same problem too. My blackberry used to freeze all the time when I'm using it. Last night, i got **bleep** and so i restarted my phone. All of sudden, it freezes upon startup and it won't move until today. I really need your help, i can't use my phone and i dont know what to do about it. Please help me out. What do I do? I've taken out the battery several times already and put it back in.. same thing happens. It still got stuck at the same level. Please tell me what to do.

Hello,

Please read message 10 of this thread, especially the part of attempting to use Safe Mode. And if that doesn't work, then the tricks in post 21 of this thread might be of use.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

menna19977 wrote:

We don't even know what BlackBerry model you have. In previous posts you stated you had a Z10, Q10, Q5, 9360, Storm and others.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T Mobile

My phone isn't detected via USB. When my phone perfect, I used to get errors of built-in storage and I used to repair it. And now suddenly it doesnt start at all... Stuck at 2/3 start-up. Please help!!! Smiley Sad

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

@sunnylboy143remove the inserted SIM card and SD media card.

Remove the battery, and reinsert to attempt to boot up.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code