Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Style 9670 freezes up

Bell sold me BB insurance ... $7 a month for it.

I'm hoping I never have one either.  I'd hate to think I couldn't access 911.

what phone did your wife order?

Contributor
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Hello. FINALLY Asurion, who 'refurbishes' phones for many carriers. The Blackberry Style and the replcaemnet were BOTH Sprint/Asurion. After much back and forth they REPLACED my 2nd non functioning Style with a new Torch BECAUSE ..drum roll: The BlackBerry Style has been discontinued! Why did it take so long to get these arrogant companies to listen? I am a long time Sprint customer and happy but because of RIM  and Asurions poor handling and my suffering I doubt I will stay with Sprint when my contract is up. 3- 911 situations with a frozen phone. Last weekmy brother in law is rushed to hospital and my sister was unable to reach me. Never another Blackberry.

Contributor

The sad thing is ... it doesn't matter which BB product you have ... they all freeze up!!!

Contributor
My Device: style 9670 RCU21W
My Carrier: sprint

My wife ordered iPhone 8GB. My son works for sprint and he said you cannot buy insurance for the  " iPhone"Yes I had insurance on my bb style also $7 a month. Each time they replaced my phone after the 3rd one I had to go to a Sprint repair center, they would take it in the back of the shop and supposedly fixed the phone. Next day same problem then they would replace it w/another referb. It was 75 miles round trip, 75 to have them fix it, 75 to go back and have them order another referb then another 75 miles round trip to pick it up. That's 225 miles total and I did that 4 times I think I went to BBB twice still no good. As I said I have a used Motorola and works like a gem. I wouldn't take a free BB from Sprint I am done w/BB.

Contributor

I'll have to look into it if they offer insurance here in Canada for IPhones.   Probably not if its not offered where you are.

I think I'm done with these smart phones ... I'll invest in an Ipad and go back to a normal simple phone.

indeed!!!!!

Contributor

Sprint replaced my Style for no charge. I demanded it and deserved a working phone. Go iPad and move on. I had 3 previous BB's and loved them but this experience really finished BB for me. Good luck.

Contributor

I've never had a BB before so I'm left with quite a sour taste in my mouth!!!

I just cant believe that BB isnt doing something to restore their product

We all know RIM is sliding down a steep hill that they will prolly never recover from.

Contributor
My Device: style 9670 RCU21W
My Carrier: sprint

Don't give up just stay away fromBB. Let me know if you can get insurance in CANADA.
Highlighted
Contributor

My new Torch did 2 nitebecause of an app you CANNOT delete that comes with it called 'Social Feeds'. I don't use them anyway.You are even unable to 'hide' it so if you accidently touch screen it it freezez. Next phone-cheap pay as you go like my sister has.lol!

Contributor

will do Comega