Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: style 9670
My Carrier: sprint

Style battery charging issue

I have had my style for about 5+ months and for about a week now the battery does not come to a complete charge, it stops at around 85% but when I pull the battery out then back the phone boots up and the battery meter reads 100%. I have hard reset the phone at the sprint store with no luck. I refused to buy a battery from them for $50 but eventually bought one via Amazon for half the price. I need someone's opinion, does this sound like a battery issue?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Style battery charging issue

sounds more like a charger port/read issue... I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like your battery charges, your phone just doesn't realize it... Try keeping it off and charging it, then turn it on and see what it says?

New Contributor
My Device: Style 9670

Sounds similar to the issues I have had with this model phone- had my first one for about 4 months, then had to replace it because the port wasn't being read to charge the phone.  Here I am four months later, and having the exact same issue, even after buying two brand new charging cables.  Am at a loss over what to do, as my battery is about 5%, and I can't get it to charge.

New Contributor

Have you tried changing the battery?
New Contributor

Yes- I have two batteries for this phone, and both have worked fine until yesterday (10/27/11) when I could no longer charge them via the phone. Taking it to a sprint store this morning to see what they can do. A rep I spoke to online said that they can change out the port at the store, which I find amusing since they told me 4 months ago that was not possible, and that they'd have to replace the entire phone.
Highlighted
New Contributor

WELL THATS GOOD TO KNOW JUST IN CASE I NEED TO GO TO THE SPRINT STORE WHICH I ALREADY HAD BEEN BUT THIS TIME I WILL GO TO A CORPORATE OFFICE AND SUGGEST THAT IF GETTING A NEW BATTER DOESN'T WORK

New Contributor

Tell me about it- I'm already fed up with this phone model (seeing how it is my second Style) and have already told Sprint that I would rather reactivate my old 8330 Curve, which I never had problems with.

New Contributor

THIS IS MY FIRST SMARTPHONE WHAT A DISASTER NOW IM STUCK TILL 2013 FOR MY NEXT UPGRADE, I LIKE THE PHONE BUT EVER SINCE I GOT IT I FEEL ABAONDONED