Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: style 9670
My Carrier: sprint

Re: Style should have been recalled

can you download the apps you want?

New Contributor
My Device: 9670 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

No problems with apps for me.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint

IF you are given a free Blackberry Style by a provider before you accept it remove the back cover and battery and see

if it has an ASURION sticker. If it does I strongly urge you to refuse it. My husband and I have had nothing but interrupted service and constant issues with 4 Blackerry Style phones ( 2 replacements) as you will see by my posts here.

That being said I have met a 2 people with Blackberry Style phones that have had zero issues except slow 3G.

Their phones did not have an ASURION sticker inside and I am guessing that means they were new and not refurbished by ASURION. We are long time full plan Sprint/Blackerry customers and were given REFURBISHED

STYLE phones twice by SPRINT and it was a nightmare.

It is possible ASURION is 'refurbishing ' the phones poorly.

And that being said I will not be returning to SPRINT when my contract is up in less than  a year.

This entire debacle has cured us from wanting another Blackberry and we won't .

I never had an issue with SPRINT and liked the entire plan and customer service until now.

I have experienced so much trouble, danger and loss of business due to the bad Style Phone

I have purchased a mini notebook/pc and when my contract is up I am not opting for a Smartphone again.

I feel as if I have will be seriously inconvencienced and cheated by being their resaerch dummy.

Recent update:

I told Sprint 'YOU SOLD ME THE DEFECTIVE PHONE YOU FIX  IT."

They told me I had to call ASURION and after having a non functioning phone for 3 days I did.

I mentioned legal process to ASURION and they gave me a BBTORCH.-REFURBISHED.

It has an issue with trying to turn itself off and the virtual keyboard is awful but I have no more time for

all the trouble exchanging so will press on for the next 6 months.

Don't bother with SPRINT stores getting help because 2 here in Chicago have what seems to be a rehearsed

(blow off) speil they give BB STYLE customers as they hand you a card with the ASURION number.

If you don't have insurance they will 'pretend' to fix it and make you wait 20 minutes and you

will leave with the same issues.

We will NEVER return to SPRINT after 5 years as full plan customers.

Bottom line 2 good companies are tarnished by a 3rd company-ASURION.

Goodbye and Good luck to people with a BBSTYLE.

I am exiting this forum for good.