Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: NA
Accepted Solution

Subscribing to Podcast Feeds from Home Wifi

Hi there,

I bought my new BB 9780 (outright, without a carrier nor data plan, yet). How do I subscribe to my fav podcasts into my phone using my home wifi service? The user manual does not have a section on adding podcast.

1. I have connected my BB to my home wifi.

2. Went to Media --> Podcasts

3. Click on Explore Podcasts

4. I see an alert "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application." But obviously I don't need a data plan if I'm using my own home wifi for data access to the Internet.

Thank you.

Acland

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Subscribing to Podcast Feeds from Home Wifi

Actually, you do need a data plan.

Everything BlackBerry-related goes through the BlackBerry servers.  In order for your phone to be able to access such material, you need a BlackBerry data plan enabled on your phone.  The funny thing is, once it's active you don't actually use your network connection if you're surfing via WiFi, but it has to be there.  Go figure!  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.