Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Subsidy Locked

Smiley WinkI activated 2 brand new out of the box Nextel 8530i's and both came up with the same error when i tried to connect to the network during activation. The first one I called Sprint/Nextel and sat on the phone for a bit Smiley Indifferentwhile the rep asked me to pull the battery and SIM card and then wait for her to refresh the data. The 2nd time I decided to try a couple things 1st, I pulled the battery out and reset it, that didn't work. I logged in here and did a search to see if anyone else had this problem before, saw it was a SIM card issue and remembered the Sprint rep having me pull the SIM card as well when she refreshed the data so I decided to give that a try before having to call Sprint/Nextel. It worked . This has saved me a ton of time not having to call Sprint/Nextel everytime I activate a new Berry with this issue. I am guessing that the SIM isn't inserted correctly or something, but if you have this issue give that a try. Obviously this won't work for everyone, some people are trying to put the wrong SIM card in a different phone than what it goes to and that is ill advised. SIM cards are "mated" to their phone and will give you grief if you try to put them in the wrong unit. But this will/may be your answer if it's a brand new phone like mine have been, or maybe if it has been dropped hard and the SIM card has shifted. I love not having to call Sprint/Nextel any more than I have to Smiley Very Happy

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8530
My Carrier: SPRINT

Re: Subsidy Locked

[ Edited ]

When did Sprint start offering the 8530 with a SIM card? Nevermind, you must mean the 8350i.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Subsidy Locked

Yes, I meant the Nextel 8350i. Sorry, I deal with both the Sprint 8530 and the Nextel 8350i...

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History