Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8980
My Carrier: **removed**

Suddenly I cannot send or receive e-mail

My phone is working properly as is my wi-fi.  Whenever I try to send something I get a message 'User account is in invalid mode.  There is nothing wrong with my e-mail account and I am having no problem receiving e-mails on my PC.  I have a Blackberry Bold  9780 v6.0.0668, platform6.6.0.236 .  Can someone help me please

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Suddenly I cannot send or receive e-mail

Try resending the service books to your phone.

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16383

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

I have a similar issue but Rogers apparently changed servers so I had to change my email password and since then I cannot change the password on my blackberry nor can I get into 'email accounts' under setup.

I click on it and it just hangs there. Then when I try to get out of setup, it hangs and I have to shut down the phone....

I've spoken to two people at Rogers, the first telling me how to change the password, the second not knowing anything....

I'd like to get my email access back please....

New Contributor

I have somehow deleted my service books and the e-mail account has dissapeared from set up.  How do I send the service books again?

Many thanks

My Device: BB9900

I have the same problem but with a Bold 9900. I resent the Service Books and they were successfully received. However, the problem was not fixed. Any more ideas? The email situation started 2014-01-29 between noon and 3:00 PM.

New Contributor

I went through the community and found a fix....

www.blackberry.com/integrate

You can edit I think it is, then change the passord. You may have to do it twice but I can finally get my email....

a poster named Tanzim posted this a couple of years ago.....

Give it a try

New Contributor

do it from your phone....
My Device: BB9900

leprecaun28, I found the same fix in the community just a moment or two ago also. The poster was a BillJ. I tried the fix and it worked fine. Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi,

I did that and a number of other things besides like deleting and rekeying in my e-mail account, deleting all the old service books and re-booting several tiems.  After a day spent largely fiddling around with my Blackberry I finally got it working properly again. Two of my friends with Blackberry Curves or Bolds have similar problems which they have not yet managed to resolve.This is a bit worrying as it suggests a bug in the system.  Any ideas?

New Contributor

Could be a bug, but my phone is nearly three years old so when the contract is up in July, I'll be looking at something diffrerent....

The joys of technology...

take care!