Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Suddenly, synching tries to delete recent Outlook diary entries...

I've happily been synching between my BB Curve 9300 and Outlook 2010 on my PC for about 18 months.

Suddenly it's trying to delete about 94 recent diary entries on my PC - which I simply can't allow to happen.

Calendar synch configuration is "Two way between device and computer", "All calendar entries", Advanced setting to synch all entries after 01/01/2013.

Any ideas anyone? Don't know if this is relevant but I noticed that my BB recently deleted all emails older than 2-3 days. Usually there's 3-4 weeks of emails.

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Suddenly, synching tries to delete recent Outlook diary entries...

Hey Mr_Numbers_135,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This may be caused by the 'Keep Appointments' options in the Calendar, Option the Calendar> press the menu keep> select Options> Select Calendar Display and Actions> Keep Appointments, is this set to Forever?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Suddenly, synching tries to delete recent Outlook diary entries...

Yes, it is. And I think it always has been.

The problem is possibly because some old diary entries appear to have been deleted from the Blackberry for some reason (not deliberately) and now in synching the two, the Berry is trying to delete the matching diary entries on my PC/Outlook.

But I can't figure out how to solve this. Presumably I could try a 'Synch from computer to device' just once to load up the Berry with the missing entries - but then I'd lose entries that are currently on my device that should be synching back to my PC, no?

Any more tips/ideas, gratefully received.  

Might be worth repeating: the other day my Blackberry deleted - all by itself - all emails more than a couple of days old, whereas it usually keeps emails for around 3-4 weeks. I don't know if this is related or not.

Oh - I forgot to say - Thank you!