Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Suddenly unable to sync groupwise 7 calendar to 9630

[ Edited ]

Device info  

9630, V4.7.1.61(Platform 4.1.0.81)  Verizon

Apps and free space

File free   117269346

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

Unable to sync Groupwise calendar with BB.  Normally do this with cable and Desktop Manager.  Last successful sync 03/04 - no problems.  Tech support unsuccessful in solving.  Using Groupwise 7.0;  Desktop Manager 5.0.

When I try to sync,  message says processing.Action engine loading configuration w/ a progress bar....then synchronization (One moment please) with a progress bar with no activity and then it returns to the basic synchronization screen.  I do not receive any error message. 

Numerous battery pulls.  Delete and reconfigure sync (one way sync to device) multiple times.  No apps loaded in months. No changes in Groupwise set up at work.  (Colleague using BB with same groupwise system has no problems synching.)  No updates to any apps on BB in months. 

Please help.  Many thanks in advance.

Kieley

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Suddenly unable to sync groupwise 7 calendar to 9630

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB with instructions for activating advanced logging. Perhaps if you use that you will receive a log file that provides you with useful information.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your input.  Unfortunately, it did not help.  What next?

Thank you so much for your assistance,

Kieley

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello again,

Please pardon that I cannot, from your post, understand what happened...so I must ask the obvious. What, exactly, does "it did not help" mean? Did you receive a log? Did you not get a log? Did the log contain nothing useful? Please understand that 100% of what we have to go on are your words...so you must be detailed and explicit or we will keep going in circles and taking a long time to figure out what is going on.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

My apologies for being unclear.  This is what the log looked like before I made the recommended changes (see below).  I made the changes as instructed in Task 2 of KB01451 and saved.  I performed Task 4.  The operation ran the same way as I described in the initial email:  the synchronization process started, and then returned to the sync page without completing or giving any error message.  I then completed Task 5 (reconfigure), and changed the values back as instructed.    I tried to sync the calendar again and the process aborted again, as described above.  I pasted each of the logs following each of the tasks below.  Was I supposed to receive another type of log?  I don't understand.  The BB still does not show existing calendar appointments.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Kieley 

BEFORE:

[General]

ErrLogMaxSize=500000

ErrLogBackups=0

TraceDetail=0

TraceLog=0

UseNtEventLog=1

UseThreadIDLogFileNames=0

AttendeeDisplayNameOnly=0

[ilwin]

HeapLogging=0

MultiJobTraceLog=1

EngineTracing=799

ILXflags=0

TranslatorLogVerbosity=0

SingleSessionXlateLogs=0

ILTRflags=0

TifLog=0

LoggingFilter=0

ILLOGflags=0

DirectionForRecurringRemove=0

AutoCleanse=1

XlateLogBackups=0

HistoryFileCompression=0

AllowTwoTierHistoryFiles=0

HistoryFileBackups=1

[CAAR Options - Contact]

Add Empty KF Records=0

Perform Email Matching=0

[CAAR Options - Calendar]

Add Empty KF Records=0

After RECONFIGURE

ErrLogMaxSize=500000

ErrLogBackups=0

TraceDetail=0

TraceLog=0

UseNtEventLog=1

[ilwin]

HeapLogging=0

MultiJobTraceLog=200

EngineTracing=799

ILXflags=0

TranslatorLogVerbosity=0

SingleSessionXlateLogs=0

ILTRflags=0

TifLog=100

LoggingFilter=0

ILLOGflags=0

AutoCleanse=1

XlateLogBackups=0

HistoryFileCompression=0

HistoryFileBackups=1

[CAAR Options - Contact]

Add Empty KF Records=0

Perform Email Matching=0

Add Empty KF Records=0

After attempted Sync:

[General]

ErrLogMaxSize=500000

ErrLogBackups=0

TraceDetail=0

TraceLog=0

UseNtEventLog=1

[ilwin]

HeapLogging=0

MultiJobTraceLog=200

EngineTracing=799

ILXflags=0

TranslatorLogVerbosity=0

SingleSessionXlateLogs=0

ILTRflags=0

TifLog=100

LoggingFilter=0

ILLOGflags=0

AutoCleanse=1

XlateLogBackups=0

HistoryFileCompression=0

HistoryFileBackups=1

[CAAR Options - Contact]

Add Empty KF Records=0

Perform Email Matching=0

Add Empty KF Records=0

New Contributor

Hello again, all:

Does anyone have any additional thoughts about how to fix the sync dysfuntion in my Tour?  Could it be something to do with the DeskTop Manager?  Is it possible to uninstall it and reinstall it again?  Would there be a possibility that one of my backups could be used to fix the problem?  I am so desperate! 

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Kieley