Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Suggested Car Accessories

I am looking for something to both charge and dock my Curve 8330 in my car. Since I use it for navigation I want something that will support the device so it is visiable. I would really like something like the Arkon Ligther Socket Mount that actually charged the device. I am also considering this Curve Hands Free Car Mount Cradle with Power Adapter although it would be nice given the layout of my car if the charger actually supported the device instead of having two pieces.

Any suggestions?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Suggested Car Accessories

Here are some supported bluetooth and car kits for BB devices..

Car Kits

Here is a list of Bluetooth car kits known to work with BlackBerry smartphones:

Brand Manufacturer-installed car kit vendor Acura HandsFreeLink™ car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) Audi

Integrated car kit used in 2006 Audi vehicles with Bluetooth technology

For information on Address Book integration, see KB04714.

Note: When a BlackBerry smartphone is paired with a 2005 Audi car kit, the car kit might randomly emit a false ring tone. For more information, see KB04837.

BMW

Dealer-installed optional car kit from Visteon Corporation

All factory-installed car kits (BMW Assist package)

For information on Address Book integration, see KB04714.

Cadillac Bluetooth car kit from DENSO Corporation Chrysler UConnect car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) Dodge UConnect car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) Ford MobileEase car kit from Peiker Acoustics Honda HandsFreeLink car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) Jeep UConnect™ car kit from Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI) Land Rover Integrated car kit used in Landrover vehicles with Bluetooth technology Lexus Bluetooth car kit from DENSO Corporation Lincoln MobileEase car kit from Peiker Acoustics Mercury MobileEase car kit from Peiker Acoustics Toyota Bluetooth car kit from DENSO Corporation
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!  I am not really looking for a car kit per se.  What I really want is something that will plug into a cigarette lighter socket, support the device (Curve 8330) so it is easily visible (i.e. not a cord) and not car make/model specific.

[ Edited ]

pls be more specific while u posting the thread

Kit Xenon

Message Edited by Jeena on 01-30-2009 04:31 AM
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seidio (www.seidio.com) makes a great charger/mount for the Curve.  I have one and when I take a road trip I use it exclusively. 

That, combined with my bluetooth kit make for great driving and I can always easily access my Curve.  The kit hold the curve either with or

without a case on it.

Here's the direct link to the product..  http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CK17SBB8300C06

Hope that helps.

Message Edited by MartyS on 01-30-2009 01:15 PM