Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Suggestion for Storm Application(s)

I am not sure if this is something that RIM would initiate or if companies usually come to RIM but after reading This Article from Ars Technica I think that RIM should try to get a similar application for the Storm.  Also, and what I would consider a much more important suggestion, I think it would be great if RIM could talk to the people at www.hulu.com to get a Hulu application for the Storm (and other Blackberry devices) where someone could stream content from Hulu through their phone.  It would obviously be nice if all of the content available on the website was available through the Blackberry application.

I know that RIM is working with TiVo so that TiVo customers can stream recorded TV through their Blackberries, hopefully something like a Hulu application wouldn't be stepping on Tivo's toes too much.  Anyway, this is my first post on the forum, I am not sure how much participation there is from RIM employees (if any) but I think that a Hulu application benefit RIM, Hulu, NBC and News Corp.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: You wish.

Re: Suggestion for Storm Application(s)

This may not be hulu but at a minimum you can use the RSS feed from your favorite Vodcasts to download the content directly to your MicroSD. I am hoping someone will use the WiFi TCP stack and write a client for Miro to grab vodcasts from all over the place. Smiley Happy Long live Revision 3!