Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Suggestion to RIM about 9800 Alarm Function

When the Torch 'wakes up' to sound the alarm, it immediately goes into 'sleep' mode because it can't, obviously, voice two sounds at once and it's busy receiving emails from the BES. On my last BB Curve 8900, the alarm function would complete FIRST before the phone looked for emails, so it would wait for you to select 'dismiss' or 'snooze', and then receive emails.

But, in effect, the Torch will always sound the alarm 5 minutes after the first time it was set to go off, because it immediately goes into receiving emails mode (and in my case makes a very quiet 'donk' notifier noise that I have selected with each new email that arrives, but this doesn't wake me up!).

Solution? I'm just setting the alarm 5 mins earlier than I want it to go off ... but it would be a good thing to update the OS so it acted the same way my Curve used to .... Alarm first .... then look for emails.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Suggestion to RIM about 9800 Alarm Function

Hiya Wils !

Great suggestion!!
 Unfortunately this is the wrong place to make it my friend

This is a user to user forum.
The only RIM employees guaranteed to be on here are the forum admins.

I would recommend clicking "contact us" at the bottom of the page and going through that channel.

Cheers!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Suggestion to RIM about 9800 Alarm Function

Hi Raelic ... thanks for that, will do!