Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch

Super-annoying social feeds, worst feature ever!

Ok so my blackberry torch came automatically with social feeds for Reuters.  But I'm not interested at all in Reuters, so in order to stop the feeds I tried deleting "Social Feeds" from my home page.  Little did I know that all that did was delete the only application that could possibly have STOPPED the social feeds!  Also, little did I know that the social feeds automatically links with any social-networking site I go to.  So now my blackberry notifies me anyimte a post comes up on Reuters, Twitter, MSN, etc!  And the only thing I delted was the application that could have stopped these automatic feeds!

Is there any way to stop this?  If I restore my blackberry to original settings, will it un-sync connection with my employer email?  Blackberry, please fix this.. this should not have made it through testing. 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Att

Re: Super-annoying social feeds, worst feature ever!

I agree.  I've had my torch for a week now---And I was just getting ready to post a query on how to stop it.  On my old phone, I was able to get updates from who and what I wanted and liked that....however these feeds are way too much and are they using our web minutes? 

Donna Wood

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

You can turn off the notification which will no longer show a RED start by it in the corner.  If you open the social feeds and then hit the menu key you can go to options and select which devices/programs it will post.  I have turned them all off.  Now i don't get any of it.  Reuters is funny how it is automatically set but it is simple to turn off this way.  I would see if you can reinstall just the social feeds icon through the desktop software.  Shouldn't be too much of a problem

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

You can also unsubscribe to these feeds by simply clicking on say Reuters (highlighting it), click the menu button, then manage feeds, you can choose to unsubscribe from there, no more feeds!

If my posts have helped you please click the star for kudos ~ty
Interested in girly themes?
Follow the link below:
http://shellbellthemes.ucoz.com