Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Suppressing popup when clicking hyperlink in HTML email

Hi everyone,

We are using BES version 5 which allows HTML formatted email.  We have developed an in-house application that allows users to navigate from a hyper link in an email to an web-based application.  Each time they click on a hyperlink they get a popup titled "Continue to myurl.domain.com/application/.....".   Does anyone know how we can suppress this popup since it is causing our users frustration.

Thank you,

Sam

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Suppressing popup when clicking hyperlink in HTML email

Hi,

This is by design and will prompt the user as a security measure to make sure they agree to perform this task.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Thank you DrP for you response.  However, I think the developers of the Blackberry went a little too far in assuming that all clicks from an email are going to be a security threat.  You see my users are simply navigating to an intranet application that poses no security threat.  This is definitely a oversight on RIM's part, they should allow a user to choose whether they get the popup or not. 

One of the most impressive aspects of the Blackberry platform is that it allows users to consume intranet applications on a highly secure network pipe. Prompting a user everytime they click an already trusted application was rather presumptous.  I am guessing this issue might  have been overlooked since rich text HTML email support was a late addition by RIM.  Suppressing the popup should definitely be an option that you can set.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Visitor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: verizon

Has anyone come up with a workaround for this? I have the same issue and althoguh I understand why the pop up is there, I was hoping that exceptions could be made to "trust" a specific site and not prompt- Either through setting on the BES server (as it is our intranet site and could be a firmwide exception) or browser setting on each users bb that they could set.

My Device: Not Specified

I got missing resource on my curve. Can anybody help
My Device: Blackberry 9360
My Carrier: ATT

Hello,

Is it possible to suppress the popup as asked by others