Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Survey of 8220 8230 users

Just as a matter of getting input from those with good and bad experiences, how many users are trouble free and how many have persistent performance issues?  How many turned their phone in for another version (BB or otherwise)?

Contributor

Re: Survey of 8220 8230 users

[ Edited ]

I had the 8220.  Loved it until it began endless re-boot.  Now have HTC touch pro.  If BB ever gets the bugs out of the 8220, I'll come back.

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip 8230f

I have the 8230, it worked great for the first say... 2 months...

Then I had to reinstal the OS and again after just a few weeks....

After the holiday is over i'm going back to my carrier and demanding either a different phone or outa my contract because this is rediculously sad.

Though as you already said, if they ever fixed the bugs, it's a great phone and I like it.

______________________________________________________________________________________

It sounded like a good idea at the time....
New Contributor

scout242 wrote:

Just as a matter of getting input from those with good and bad experiences, how many users are trouble free and how many have persistent performance issues?  How many turned their phone in for another version (BB or otherwise)?

The only issue I've had is with BT headsets< the battery charge only seems to last a few days BUT today I'm going to try shutting down the 8220 by clicking the icon and selecting "full power" shut off instead of the red "hang-up" button.

I think that may cure the short charge issue, will keep you posted

So far I'll give the phone 4.6 stars out of 5 Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

My wife and I both have Pearl 8220 Flips and Rogers Wireless is our carrier. My phone has not been a problem at all... Hers has done the "pseudo-shutdown" at various times...

The screen goes black and for a couple of seconds she can't do anything. Then it comes right back as if nothing happened. It usually occurs when she is typing a PIN or an MMS. We called Rogers Tech Support and got the sad news - we've been customers for about 6 years; but we're only 8 months into the latest contract and it will cost us large dollars to upgrade or cancel. They offered to repair/replace the phone, but we are after an upgrade.

They won't consider that until we have been raped for 24 months.

That notwithstanding, we haven't had any other issues with either phone. Personally, I wish we had gone with a full QWERTY keyboard and a larger screen - we've both had laser surgery and since we're over 40, we now need reading glasses! Smiley Sad

If there is no way; there is always a bigger hammer.
Smiley Wink
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220

Hi.

I bought my BB second hand in september and so far so good.  I fell in love with the design and the fact that, being over 40 with failing near-sight, the number/letters keys were waaaay bigger than on my previous cell phone. The battery is getting tired but I saw that coming and bought new one.  I have none of the major issues that I read about here and the sound quality is amazing!

My only little issue is with the Media Sync program ( I think) as it won't transfer all my music supposedly because I don't have the "rights" or something?... All my music is paid for ( CD or iTunes) so it must be a bug... to be discussed in another thread.

I love my BB!
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

I have the 8220 Pearl flip phone since July 1.  It is so-so in all areas, definitely a disappointment for the hype of the Blackberry name.  Mine has had the "seizures" as I call them, as I'm seeing in the reviews, along with some other annoyances.  My "upgrade" will not be to another Blackberry.