Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Switch Device

I used the desktop software to switch from my old blackberry to my new blackberry phone and it deleted information that was already on my new blackberry.  Is the information still there?  Can I recover it?

Contributor
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Switch Device

yes you can use desktop software to do that
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Switch Device

mtngirl9 wrote:

I used the desktop software to switch from my old blackberry to my new blackberry phone and it deleted information that was already on my new blackberry.  Is the information still there?  Can I recover it?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Contrary to the simple answer you received above, the answer is actually "it depends". If, before you allowed the data to be deleted, you took a backup to your PC of that data, then the backup file is on your PC available as the source of restore. But you must be careful...if your desire is to merge the data now on your BB with that from the backup file, you actually need to do that in a different manner.

So, please clarify your exact requirement, and we can provide a process to get there...it may be complex, but it should be possible.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................