Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Switch from HTML to Text

When I set up my yahoo email I indicated to use HTML. However in my messages I get all the code garbage. How can I switch to Text mode? Thanks

Alan

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Switch from HTML to Text

Is your device running OS 4.5? Check under Options | About and reply back which version you have
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You have to change the option in Yahoo.

On the BB you can select Plan text while viewing the email, to read it, in the mean time.

Thanks,

If you need more information, please ask! 

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star. 

Just check the post that had your answer! 

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am running v 4.3.0.127
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

[ Edited ]

The ability to read messages formatted in HTML will be available when you update your OS to 4.5. You can either wait till your carrier releases it, or follow these steps do install 4.5 onto your phone:

After you download and install the handheld software from a carrier's website that has the 4.5 OS, do a search on your computer to find and delete the vendor.xml file. The file is most likely in the following location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Afterwards just start the Desktop Manager and the software will be available for you to install.

**NOTE** - the handheld software you have must be for the same model as you have. You cannot install software for any other model.

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 09-29-2008 07:48 PM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.